Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider
I got myself a copy last Friday and I'm glad I did. I can't put the game down. I've been a fan since Tomb Raider 2 came out all those many years ago.

So I rip the plastic cover off the box and pop it in at approximately 22:00 on a Sunday night. I ended up playing until 03:15 Monday morning. I wake up at 06:00 to get to the office but that shit didn't matter Big Grin. I was absorbed. I'm still last gen (PS3) but the graphics are top notch! I don't get how that game only requires 6mb of hard drive spaceUndecided.

Anyway I wanna ask a tech-ish question to anyone that has the game. In the boot up of the game when you see the Eidos and Square Enix logos, the screen gets distorted. It does this again just before you get to the main menu screen with the island back drop. Is this intentional or did I buy a faulty copy? The game froze on me which pissed me off! The game is brand new! I understand that there's a theme of loss of communication (signal loss) throughout the game. Are the distortions part of this or is that shit just faulty?
8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
RE: Tomb Raider
After legend I got kinda tired of the game, but the first TR's were the first games I've ever played, I literally started playing TRII when I was 4 years old - I should go get them to kill some old nostalgia - They were very cool
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Dude trust me, you need to get the reboot. It's Tomb Raider like never before. Yeah sure it focuses more on action than puzzle solving but that's something that can be fixed in the future. To me it doesn't take away from this game and I'm also from the TR classical era.

I should've looked on the net first. It seems the "error" is actually built into the game. There is nothing wrong with the image distortion when the game boots up with the corporate logos and on the title screen.

So why did the game freeze then? Could it be that too many things were happening at the same time like thunder and lightning? Considering the fact that this game doesn't install and has amazing visuals; It could be a reason.
8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
(September 2, 2014 at 6:51 am)BlackMason Wrote: Dude trust me, you need to get the reboot. It's Tomb Raider like never before. Yeah sure it focuses more on action than puzzle solving but that's something that can be fixed in the future. To me it doesn't take away from this game and I'm also from the TR classical era.

I should've looked on the net first. It seems the "error" is actually built into the game. There is nothing wrong with the image distortion when the game boots up with the corporate logos and on the title screen.

So why did the game freeze then? Could it be that too many things were happening at the same time like thunder and lightning? Considering the fact that this game doesn't install and has amazing visuals; It could be a reason.

What reboot?

If it's 7th gen I can't play it until I get a better Motherboard/processor - I quit using console, but I have a ps3 though
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Last year's Tomb Raider is a reboot of the whole Tomb Raider cannon. So people call it Tomb Raider 2013 since it has the same name as the 1996 one.
Good choice of game. I was surprised at how much i enjoyed the game, graphics are great. Lara actually looks human. My only problems with the game is that its a bit linear in where you can go, a bit more room to explore is needed, and when you complete the game there aren't any enemies to fight so you never really get the chance to use your fully upgraded weapons. Other than that its a good game.
(September 2, 2014 at 10:48 am)Noodly1 Wrote: ...when you complete the game there aren't any enemies to fight so you never really get the chance to use your fully upgraded weapons. Other than that its a good game.

I suspected that in the far reaches of my mind. I'm only 22% through though. I'm gonna pull an all nighter again.
I've hated every Tomb Raider game I've played but the reboot was addicting. So much so, that I played all the way through. I found it compelling that she had to learn how to melee, so the first part of the game you have to evade rather than just blowing through content with melee attacks.
yep... I agree this reboot was very engaging... Playing some two hours a day, I completed the thing in less than 2 weeks.
It was running so well on my oldish machine that I thought the game was... somewhat old, when I sort of... downloaded it. Then I went in a store for something unrelated and saw a statue of Lara there promoting the game... WOW, it's a new game! And works really well! Very nice! Smile

I liked the young Lara... looks believable... looks like there could be someone in real life who looks just like her.

[Image: image.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_lpmkipiTpd1qiy7ebo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tomb-raider-8.jpg]
Holy shit! The 3rd and 4th picture...that's just like her. Wait...I can't tell is that's a real woman or just an imitation.

Anyway so I was playing it again last night and I thought it was pretty cool how Lara's a sceptic. There's a challenge in one of the levels where you gotta burn down pictures of the goddess/queen Himiko. The challenge is called "Non-Believer". Then when the storm comes outta nowhere Lara goes on about rationality. She's like "Come on, there must be a rational explanation."

I just thought that was a nice touch since I identify with that world view.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A modern day tomb raid. downbeatplumb 6 2422 June 9, 2013 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Faith No More