Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes I pick on all religions.
Yes I pick on all religions.
Ok, when I get "angry" at theists, it is not the "kill kill kill" type of anger or hate people think. It is more like having a friend(your fellow human) make a stinky fart(unaware of how bad their logic is). I do not hate you because you believe, I hate the conclusions you came to because your use of logic is flawed.

When anyone first comes to an atheist website please think before you post. If you think you have a earth shattering argument not made by someone prior, you are wrong. If you think you are the only religion who makes that argument you are wrong. If you think science props up your religion you are wrong.

I have been at this for 13 years every single day, and have had the same arguments made by Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists.

Instead of getting pissed off at someone objecting to your claims, you need to consider that YOU are wrong. There is nothing wrong with admitting you got it wrong. It is how our species learns and grows. If our species never questioned social norms our species never would have left the caves.
RE: Yes I pick on all religions.
Maybe this should be PM'd to every new member upon the creation of an account.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Just leave pastafarianism alone!
And leave Elvis out of it too. Everyone knows the King is God!

The thing that really annoys me about religions is the way they discriminate against women and minorities. I don't care what rubbish they believe in but they should leave people alone.
(September 3, 2014 at 11:48 am)Diablo Wrote: And leave Elvis out of it too. Everyone knows the King is God!

The thing that really annoys me about religions is the way they discriminate against women and minorities. I don't care what rubbish they believe in but they should leave people alone.

He was a great performer, had a great voice, but he was not a great musician or song writer. He played guitar well enough as anyone else but most of his songs were copies or written for him.
(September 3, 2014 at 12:11 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 3, 2014 at 11:48 am)Diablo Wrote: And leave Elvis out of it too. Everyone knows the King is God!

He was a great performer, had a great voice, but he was not a great musician or song writer. He played guitar well enough as anyone else but most of his songs were copies or written for him.

About as convincing as any other deity, then. Big Grin
/heard it before
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Brian. Don't you find you spend most of your life being angry if other people believing differently from you makes you angry. Perhaps after '13 years of being at this every single day' it might be time to accept other people think in a different way to you.

Just a thought.
(September 3, 2014 at 2:53 pm)Michael Wrote: Brian. Don't you find you spend most of your life being angry if other people believing differently from you makes you angry. Perhaps after '13 years of being at this every single day' it might be time to accept other people think in a different way to you.

Just a thought.

Oh boy, when you have no argument you demonize the critic as being emotional.

OK, we can go there.

"Anger" first off in what context? You already read my OP so you should know it is in knowing our species can do better than to cling on mythology.

But in a very real sense religion globally does lots of REAL harm. It causes human division. Our world leaders are religious and have their hands on weapons. I think is absurd for you to imply such concerns are not worth being motivated(passionate enough) to care.

Its followers constantly attack science and seek to replace it in education. Or do you think it is ok to lie to kids and tell them adult women pop out of men's ribs? It teaches people to accept not knowing rather than to investigate.

You arguing like this is childish, like "Whats wrong with women not being allowed to vote" "Why wont you let men deny girls and education and force them to submit?" "Why wont you allow religious people to deny gays equal rights?"

And as far as others thinking differently of course they can. I defy you do show me anywhere I said they cant. Do not confuse human rights with ability to demonstrate the credibility of ANY given claim on ANY issue. You have the right to make whatever claim you want, but claims do not deserve taboo status.

Yea I have been at this for 13 years and I am going to do this every day of my life. I hope every atheist reading this cares to say something when absurd claims are made.
(September 3, 2014 at 6:59 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 3, 2014 at 2:53 pm)Michael Wrote: Brian. Don't you find you spend most of your life being angry if other people believing differently from you makes you angry. Perhaps after '13 years of being at this every single day' it might be time to accept other people think in a different way to you.

Just a thought.

Oh boy, when you have no argument you demonize the critic as being emotional.

OK, we can go there.

"Anger" first off in what context? You already read my OP so you should know it is in knowing our species can do better than to cling on mythology.

But in a very real sense religion globally does lots of REAL harm. It causes human division. Our world leaders are religious and have their hands on weapons. I think is absurd for you to imply such concerns are not worth being motivated(passionate enough) to care.

Its followers constantly attack science and seek to replace it in education. Or do you think it is ok to lie to kids and tell them adult women pop out of men's ribs? It teaches people to accept not knowing rather than to investigate.

You arguing like this is childish, like "Whats wrong with women not being allowed to vote" "Why wont you let men deny girls and education and force them to submit?" "Why wont you allow religious people to deny gays equal rights?"

And as far as others thinking differently of course they can. I defy you do show me anywhere I said they cant. Do not confuse human rights with ability to demonstrate the credibility of ANY given claim on ANY issue. You have the right to make whatever claim you want, but claims do not deserve taboo status.

Yea I have been at this for 13 years and I am going to do this every day of my life. I hope every atheist reading this cares to say something when absurd claims are made.

+1000

Very well said. That's the kind of thing these creeps do all the time. They deny people their rights and then bitch about it when they complain.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1829 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 2739 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3473 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 11016 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3711 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10775 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions? Greatest I am 37 12817 March 23, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 599 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why you should distrust all religions. Jehanne 57 11067 January 9, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Why are most religions agains homosexuality? Der/die AtheistIn 140 22815 December 22, 2017 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Antares