Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More gay marriage bans struck down.
More gay marriage bans struck down.
Wisconsin and Indiana have had their gay marriage bans struck down.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepoliti...93541.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...eMrttj8Ucg
RE: More gay marriage bans struck down.
(September 4, 2014 at 4:58 pm)Brian37 Wrote: http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepoliti...93541.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...eMrttj8Ucg
Good news indeed.
Slowly but surely, the world is dragging itself to be more accepting of people.

Still a long way to go, though.
Dying to live, living to die.
So endeth the bigots winning streak.
(September 4, 2014 at 5:03 pm)Beccs Wrote: Slowly but surely, the world is dragging itself to be more accepting of people.

Still a long way to go, though.

Trying to get most of humanity to accept that we are the same species is a constant battle.

But being that Freddy Mercury was bi, he would be extremely proud of our progress for LBGT community.
While I get the stupidity of the clowns in these states (I'm from IN) to try to legislate this, I can't see how they ACTUALLY thought they'd get away with it. To me, it's pretty damned simple -- gay marriage bans violate the 14th Amendment. The state constitution of IN mirrors the 14th, as well, so they really have no excuse.

I read an article online a few months ago, about why conservatives are SO against gays and gay marriage; the author summed it up in one short (and HILARIOUS!) phrase:

(EEEEWWWWW -- buttsex!)

EXACTLY how he wrote it.

My PERSONAL reaction, as a straight man, is much the same -- but I have the sense to realize they're not going to be HAVING "buttsex" on the street in front of my house, or on the bus, or the local multi-use trail when I'm riding my bike. So I'm not going to be "harassed" by it. (Nor, as the "derpatrol" claims, will it lead to bestiality, necrophilia, or alien anal probes....)

Gay folks are citizens, and that status entitles them to ALL the same rights of every OTHER citizen of the USA -- including the right to marry the person of their choice. It's CONSENTING ADULTS, your puritanical pukes!
Wink Shades"I THINK, therefore I am DANGEROUS..." Wink Shades
Buttsex?!? Big Grin

There's nothing that gay people do that straights don't do too.
(September 7, 2014 at 5:20 pm)Diablo Wrote: Buttsex?!? Big Grin

There's nothing that gay people do that straights don't do too.

SOME straights -- I always saw anal as a waste of perfectly good pussy.
Wink Shades"I THINK, therefore I am DANGEROUS..." Wink Shades
I'm thinking seriously of reversing my position on gay marriage.

If homosexuals are allowed to marry, they might become happier than they are now. If homosexuals become happier, they're likely to be more productive citizens. As more productive citizens, they'll make more money. More money in circulation leads to inflation. Inflation makes things cost more. When things cost more, I have a harder time purchasing them.

So please, everyone. Campaign against gay marriage so I don't have to pay an outrageous price for that platypus-hide tea cozy I've had my eye on. Don't crush my dreams....

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
DangerousElf

It's just a different perspective....

You may as well get the full set.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Burning down the House Brian37 12 1175 December 11, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Michigan Bans Open Carry of Firearms at Polling Places onlinebiker 101 5526 October 29, 2020 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2420 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  St. Louis attorneys draw down on protestors passing by. Gawdzilla Sama 97 5453 July 20, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Michigan Bans Flavored E Cigarettes onlinebiker 48 3658 September 13, 2019 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Bounty Hunters found not guilty in case of gunning down innocent black man Cecelia 21 1473 August 3, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  FB bans 'dangerous' individuals Foxaèr 155 9450 May 13, 2019 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New Zealand Bans Assault Weapons chimp3 61 5807 March 28, 2019 at 8:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  New Zealand Bans Manifesto BrianSoddingBoru4 74 6467 March 24, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  ACA Struck down by TX federal judge. brewer 33 4175 December 18, 2018 at 4:18 am
Last Post: Amarok