Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray Rice cut by team, suspended by NFL
Ray Rice cut by team, suspended by NFL
Let the CYA begin!

This story has blown up in the NFL's face, and it might not be finished blowing up. It seems as if the NFL's (and the Baltimore Raven's) contention that it did not see the video from inside the elevator is a lie. I figure that reporters are scrambling to find some way to confirm that both the league and the team had the video (Sports Illustrated's Peter King had implied in an early report that the league had seen the video, and tried to clumsily walk back the claim this afternoon). If they do confirm this, the league is facing a serious backlash, not the least from all of those reporters whose glamorous "NFL insider" status just became "you're a shill for a despicable bunch of woman-hating assholes."

The issue of domestic violence among sports professionals is now front-and-center and may remain so for some time, especially in light of situations like this one and the brutal assault by an MMA fighter, who savagely beat his ex-girlfriend for the crime of being his ex-girlfriend. The NFL attempted to have its cake and eat it, too. They may wind up choking on it.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
RE: Ray Rice cut by team, suspended by NFL
I note a curious silence from the "family values" assholes who just can't seem to keep their cakeholes shut when the subject is Michael Sam.
(September 8, 2014 at 3:38 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I note a curious silence from the "family values" assholes who just can't seem to keep their cakeholes shut when the subject is Michael Sam.

Honestly can't remember the last time one of the family values groups said a damn thing about domestic violence. Too focused on gay marriage I suppose.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(September 8, 2014 at 3:40 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(September 8, 2014 at 3:38 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I note a curious silence from the "family values" assholes who just can't seem to keep their cakeholes shut when the subject is Michael Sam.

Honestly can't remember the last time one of the family values groups said a damn thing about domestic violence. Too focused on gay marriage I suppose.

Psst - It's because they think gay sex is icky.
(September 8, 2014 at 3:42 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(September 8, 2014 at 3:40 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Honestly can't remember the last time one of the family values groups said a damn thing about domestic violence. Too focused on gay marriage I suppose.

Psst - It's because they think gay sex is icky.

Apparently dick touching an asshole is horrid, but a dick punching the shit out of his girlfriend isn't notable.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
And Josh Gordon is suspended for 1 year for smoking pot. The NFL needs to get their priorities straight.

Just heard them say on ESPN something to the effect of "The Ravens realized they had to release him because of the negativity attached." So, not because he punched his wife, but because it looks bad....*slappy forehead emotiguy*
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

FOX thinks its a joke.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/08/fo...he-stairs/

Quote:Fox hosts giggle that NFL player’s abused girlfriend should learn to ‘take the stairs’
(September 8, 2014 at 4:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

FOX thinks its a joke.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/08/fo...he-stairs/

Quote:Fox hosts giggle that NFL player’s abused girlfriend should learn to ‘take the stairs’

Quote:“Rihanna went back to Chris Brown right after [he assaulted her],” co-host Brian Kilmeade noted. “A lot of people thought that was a terrible message.”

“I think the message is take the stairs,” he added, as co-host Anna Kooiman giggled.

“The message is, when you’re in an elevator, there’s a camera,” Doocy concluded.

How about don't beat your wife shitheads. Didn't have to read it to know it was Brian Kilmeade.
He doesn't see the irony of spewing every idiotic thought in his head on a tv show in front of cameras?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
[Image: bxeot.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hail To A Name change..... Sports/NFL Brian37 44 1636 July 13, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Should Hungary be suspended from EU? Mr Greene 1 244 April 5, 2020 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Of Madonna, NFL and airlines. Brian37 1 285 January 21, 2020 at 10:50 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Heineken pulls sponsorship from sports team Brian37 0 259 May 31, 2019 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A ray of light in a grim world 2 pgrimes15 1 309 March 20, 2019 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A ray of light in a grim world pgrimes15 4 398 March 19, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  NFL Team Considering Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for Head Coach Seraphina 10 1274 November 18, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  Charlie Rose Suspended From CBS And PBS For Sexual Harrassment A Theist 44 5945 November 22, 2017 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Roger Goodell sends letter to NFL teams Foxaèr 97 12499 October 20, 2017 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  45 advocates forced ritual in NFL... Brian37 260 49629 October 19, 2017 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Foxaèr