Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love?
Love?
Quote:An Arvada teenage girl arrested in April on suspicion of attempting to support al-Qaeda and its affiliates — including the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant — was warned for months by federal agents investigating her that her support could lead to her incarceration.

One FBI agent met with her seven times, trying to dissuade her from supporting jihad and suggesting that she instead commit herself to humanitarian work, court papers say.

Shannon Maureen Conley, 19, was taken into custody at the Denver International Airport by the FBI as she attempted to board a plane on her way to Turkey, according to Dave Joly, an FBI spokesman. The case against Conley was not unsealed until Wednesday because of an "ongoing, active investigation," when news of her arrest and alleged activities became public, according to the U.S. attorney's office in Denver.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_260778...g-al-qaeda

I am wondering what they are telling these girls/women to move to a third world conditions?

Man, I need to tips from these people!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
RE: Love?
(September 10, 2014 at 3:13 pm)Dragonetti Wrote:
Quote:An Arvada teenage girl arrested in April on suspicion of attempting to support al-Qaeda and its affiliates — including the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant — was warned for months by federal agents investigating her that her support could lead to her incarceration.

One FBI agent met with her seven times, trying to dissuade her from supporting jihad and suggesting that she instead commit herself to humanitarian work, court papers say.

Shannon Maureen Conley, 19, was taken into custody at the Denver International Airport by the FBI as she attempted to board a plane on her way to Turkey, according to Dave Joly, an FBI spokesman. The case against Conley was not unsealed until Wednesday because of an "ongoing, active investigation," when news of her arrest and alleged activities became public, according to the U.S. attorney's office in Denver.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_260778...g-al-qaeda

I am wondering what they are telling these girls/women to move to a third world conditions?

Man, I need to tips from these people!

Some people are weak and easily misled.

She's been warned numerous times. Either lock her up or let her go and strip her of her citizenship.
Dying to live, living to die.
Well, the beheading of people should be a warning sign of how crazy and fucked up the area is.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
(September 10, 2014 at 3:25 pm)Dragonetti Wrote: Well, the beheading of people should be a warning sign of how crazy and fucked up the area is.

The fact that these fanatics treat women as chattel should be a warning to any Western woman as well.
Dying to live, living to die.
Yes, women are treated poorly and like property in the Middle East in general.

They clamor about culture, but they need to move on from the Bronze Age.
(September 10, 2014 at 3:27 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(September 10, 2014 at 3:25 pm)Dragonetti Wrote: Well, the beheading of people should be a warning sign of how crazy and fucked up the area is.

The fact that these fanatics treat women as chattel should be a warning to any Western woman as well.

Then there is just plain "crazy."
It has little to do with weak mind or even intelligence. They are using a combination of half truths and cult like tactics. Has anyone ever watched the North Korean propaganda film talking about American Wealth Inequality? To be honest they are spot on with the issues befalling our country. However, we all know things are worse for NK than they are here.

Having said that, they are most likely pointing out the corruption in the US and wording in such a way where their cause seems justified. This can be done through linking the people they killed with the villains here in the US. You add that to a disenfranchised generation Y, you have a bad recipe of people willing to go to extremes to change a broken system and fight for anyone who seems to fighting it. We need to stop treating ISIS as a terrorist organization, they are a "nation" that seems to be well equipped and knowledgeable.

The sad part is, they are using America's problems against the US. If we continue to allow wealth inequality and greed run our country, we are only giving them more ammo to recruit more and more people. To win this war against the 21st century Saladin, we need to change ourselves first.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
No. I don't love her.
(September 11, 2014 at 8:27 am)bladevalant546 Wrote: To win this war against the 21st century Saladin, we need to change ourselves first.

That's never going to happen.

And the media focusing on fear and hatred are making it worse. Better focus on peace and getting along despite our differences. That's not going to happen either
(September 11, 2014 at 12:00 pm)fr0d0 Wrote:
(September 11, 2014 at 8:27 am)bladevalant546 Wrote: To win this war against the 21st century Saladin, we need to change ourselves first.

That's never going to happen.

And the media focusing on fear and hatred are making it worse. Better focus on peace and getting along despite our differences. That's not going to happen either

We need to stop saying it not going to happen. I know it seems grime, but honestly we need to just grow up and use our words. It is possible if enough people just try. It is a challenge but we need to fight back for social change. There are enough people nowadays to make said change.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.