Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, the Humanity....
Oh, the Humanity....
The Wall Street Journal is crying for the top 1% "struggling" to make ends meet!

Fuck the WSJ!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/10...000-a-year

Quote:The Wall Street Journal cries about the poverty of making $400,000 a year
RE: Oh, the Humanity....
Dunno about you, Min, but I'm struggling to live on $400,000 a year. Granted..I'm paid in Zimbabwe dollars so..
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Which are worth?
$1 US is worth ~ $360 Zimbabwe. (was just kidding)
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
There's probably a lot of nice and morally sound wealthy people out there, but I'm willing to throw the baby out with the bath water on this. It's the one area I allow my emotions to trump my rationale. Lol
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(September 11, 2014 at 3:11 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: $1 US is worth ~ $360 Zimbabwe. (was just kidding)

Actually, before the Zimbabwe dollar was abandoned in 2009 (Zimbabwe now allows foreign currencies including the South African rand, Botswana pula, pound sterling, Indian Rupee, euro, Yuan and the US dollar), its final exchange was 300 trillion to the US dollar. I wish I was kidding, but hyperinflation was that horrible.
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
At that rate even Mugabe couldn't buy a postage stamp!
(September 11, 2014 at 3:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: At that rate even Mugabe couldn't buy a postage stamp!

He probably kept all the 100 trillion Zimbabwe dollar banknotes for himself while his people starved on a billion (worthless) dollars a year. Angry
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
If that's the case then these big companies should help their employees to "struggle" on $400K a year.
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 11, 2014 at 3:21 pm)StealthySkeptic Wrote:
(September 11, 2014 at 3:11 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: $1 US is worth ~ $360 Zimbabwe. (was just kidding)

Actually, before the Zimbabwe dollar was abandoned in 2009 (Zimbabwe now allows foreign currencies including the South African rand, Botswana pula, pound sterling, Indian Rupee, euro, Yuan and the US dollar), its final exchange was 300 trillion to the US dollar. I wish I was kidding, but hyperinflation was that horrible.

I remember my Zimbabwean friend using a 1 trillion dollar note as a bookmark. I heard stories about people taking wheelbarrows full of money to buy some bread, and the inflation being so bad that the price had gone over what they had in the wheelbarrow between leaving home and getting to the shop.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The biggest crime in the history of humanity WinterHold 16 2745 September 22, 2017 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  "Philosopher Renata Salecl: 'Capitalism Is Humanity's Neurosis'" Something completely different 31 8583 July 2, 2013 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: cratehorus
  Wanna lose faith in humanity? Rev. Rye 3 1552 October 7, 2011 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Pope charged with crimes against humanity in the World Court Diagoras 7 4988 February 24, 2011 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: OnlyNatural