Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
I'm obviously a new member here, so I decided to drop by and introduce myself briefly.

I've always had atheistic ideologies, but only recently have I "officially" become a rejector of religion in my choosing to not be confirmed into the Catholic church. There is still a ton of stuff I need to do, and the trip into atheism has been very emotional for me because of my family's reactions, mainly.

Thus, to cope, I decided to browse the internet, and there is a ton of information that has helped me a lot. I decided that since religion (or lack thereof) is such a big part of my life as of late, joining an online community wouldn't hurt. So, here I am, to chat about anything and everything that has to do, to any degree, with religion. I hope my stay is enjoyable for myself and also others.

Other than that, I'm a generally mellow person and opinionated to a degree. I love video games, movies, and expanding my knowledge.

P.S. My name comes directly from Inglourious Basterds.
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes Religion."
-Steven Weinberg
RE: Hello
Welcome on Atheist Forums Arivaderchi!

I like the poly-atheist term. Join in on discussion here on orbiting teapots, the structure of spacetime and the question whether guitar gods exist or not.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
Welcome goodbye!

There are some in your exact position here... our own goddess Eillonwy springs to mind.
(January 24, 2010 at 1:04 am)Arivaderchi Wrote: P.S. My name comes directly from Inglourious Basterds.

"My name is Lt. Aldo Raine and I need me eight soldiers. We're gonna be dropped into France, dressed as civilians. We're gonna be doing one thing and one thing only... killing Nazis."

Welcome to the forums Tongue
(January 24, 2010 at 4:58 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Welcome goodbye!
Hm, what an amusing contradiction.

Quote:There are some in your exact position here... our own goddess Eillonwy springs to mind.
That's neat, perhaps I will stumble upon a conversation dealing with said position.

(January 24, 2010 at 6:23 am)theVOID Wrote: "My name is Lt. Aldo Raine and I need me eight soldiers. We're gonna be dropped into France, dressed as civilians. We're gonna be doing one thing and one thing only... killing Nazis."

Welcome to the forums Tongue
"We're in the business of Nazi-killin'. And boy, business is boomin'!" Of course, we all know that Pulp Fiction is far superior to Inglourious Basterds.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes Religion."
-Steven Weinberg
Welcome Arivaderchi. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Edit - from merriam-webster online: Till we meet again, farewell my dear fellow.
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
(January 24, 2010 at 8:05 pm)Amphora Wrote: Edit - from merriam-webster online: Till we meet again, farewell my dear fellow.
AKA Italian for "Goodbye."
-Steven Weinberg
It's like a unisex greeting / farewell Tongue
(January 24, 2010 at 1:04 am)Arivaderchi Wrote: Other than that, I'm a generally mellow person and opinionated to a degree. I love video games, movies, and expanding my knowledge.

Me too! I Welcome you to these forums!! I hope you do enjoy your stay Big Grin

P.S: Awesome sig Big Grin

EvF
Welcome

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6006 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3648 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates