Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone ever heard of Daniel Johnston? What do you think of this article?
Anyone ever heard of Daniel Johnston? What do you think of this article?
Let me preface by saying I am not a fan of Daniel Johnston and neither is this article. It's basically describing the "vultures" taking advantage of a man who is basically sick, insane, and in dire need of medical attention, not fame. A man who's music is "an affront to human ears". I didn't think his music was that terrible. DJ had a couple good songs, but most of it was garbage imo. What is your opinion of this article? Have you seen the movie about his life "the devil and Daniel Johnston"? I think the movie tried to portray DJ as a musical genius and someone incredibly relevant to music. I personally see him as a hack and has basically cultivated a fanbase that has a morbid curiosity and romanticized view of his mental illness (which is also what this article says).

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/1067/devi...nston-the/
RE: Anyone ever heard of Daniel Johnston? What do you think of this article?
Had no idea who that is. Looked him up on Wikipedia and Youtubed some of his music. Awful. And all the comments claim he is a "musical genius" and whatnot. Hipsters apparently love this guy. Probably because nobody else knows who he is either. Nonsensical lyrics with even worse sound. I didn't read the article. Didn't need to in order to realize a paranoid schizophrenic that thought he was Casper the Friendly Ghost was probably not a good musician.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Name me an artist you wish you'd never heard of. onlinebiker 21 1912 May 1, 2020 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Heard it from a friend you been messn a rnd. Brian37 8 818 October 5, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Daniel Johnston Rev. Rye 0 171 September 11, 2019 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Music remakes you think better than original Brian37 25 1929 July 5, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stalky songs that make you think. Brian37 2 559 August 4, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Daniel Kwan's Six Intersecting Pentagonal Prisms (SIPP) Kernel Sohcahtoa 5 848 June 28, 2018 at 3:30 am
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Have you ever had, and a poem about it. Brian37 0 560 June 6, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Music videos you think represent Mueller Brian37 2 527 December 1, 2017 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Has anyone ever told you, the Dead Can Dance? Arkilogue 11 1965 October 3, 2016 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  I don't know why I care what you think of my writing. Foxaèr 2 808 June 4, 2016 at 8:12 am
Last Post: paulpablo