Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homophobic Preacher drowned out by Christian Students
Homophobic Preacher drowned out by Christian Students

RE: Homophobic Preacher drowned out by Christian Students
Not too good with their own bible are they?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(September 17, 2014 at 7:20 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Not too good with their own bible are they?

Apparently you're as ignorant as that preacher
(September 17, 2014 at 7:35 am)fr0d0 Wrote:
(September 17, 2014 at 7:20 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Not too good with their own bible are they?

Apparently you're as ignorant as that preacher

[Image: Meme-derp.jpg]

Try adding some explanation and context to your random ass comments... it makes discussion boards more "discussion-y".
I gave as much detail as lemon. How come I'm the one has to write an essay?

Wanna discuss the finer points of homosexuality and what the bible says about it? Fine. Go read the threads on it where I've shared my thoughts. I'm on my phone so I can't link your lazy biased ass to it lol Big Grin
(September 17, 2014 at 7:57 am)fr0d0 Wrote: I gave as much detail as lemon. How come I'm the one has to write an essay?

Wanna discuss the finer points of homosexuality and what the bible says about it? Fine. Go read the threads on it where I've shared my thoughts. I'm on my phone so I can't link your lazy biased ass to it lol Big Grin

Frankly there is not much to discuss on the bibles position on homosexuality, it is easily one of the clearest messages in the bible. The Bible says in no uncertain terms that homosexuality is both evil and a sin.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(September 17, 2014 at 7:57 am)fr0d0 Wrote: I gave as much detail as lemon. How come I'm the one has to write an essay?

What Lemon said was obvious in it's meaning, what you said was a personal attack with multiple possible meanings of which none of them were your thoughts on the finer points of homosexuality..
(September 17, 2014 at 9:47 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Frankly there is not much to discuss on the bibles position on homosexuality, it is easily one of the clearest messages in the bible. The Bible says in no uncertain terms that homosexuality is both evil and a sin.
If you accept the Old Testament as an innate part of Christ's teachings maybe, ( I don't) however some very difficult questions need to be answered in the light of Genesis Ch:1.V:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them"
If we accept this simple assertion we are left with the puzzle of the male prostate gland being 'designed' as a mojor G-spot located just inside the male anus. Something worth discussing at your next bible study group?
The Human Race is insane.
(September 17, 2014 at 9:56 am)Dissily Mordentroge Wrote:
(September 17, 2014 at 9:47 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Frankly there is not much to discuss on the bibles position on homosexuality, it is easily one of the clearest messages in the bible. The Bible says in no uncertain terms that homosexuality is both evil and a sin.
If you accept the Old Testament as an inate part of Christ's teachings maybe, ( I don't) however some very difficult questions need to be answered in the light of Genesis Ch:1.V:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them"
If we accept this simple assertion we are left with the puzzle of the male prostate gland being 'designed' as a mojor G-spot located just inside the male anus. Something worth discussing at your next bible study group?
Well seeing as Christ is the same guy as the OT Yahweh, and said he came to fulfill the law not change it, and in some cases even said stronger things (like looking upon a woman with lust = adultery), yes, Jesus don't like them gays. He certainly didn't say a damn thing to counter the OT ideas about them.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(September 17, 2014 at 10:10 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Well seeing as Christ is the same guy as the OT Yahweh, and said he came to fulfill the law not change it, and in some cases even said stronger things (like looking upon a woman with lust = adultery), yes, Jesus don't like them gays. He certainly didn't say a damn thing to counter the OT ideas about them.
You need to go beyond blind acceptance of today's many versions of the Bible and study the many mistranslations, forgeries and downright lies inserted into the Gospels over the centuries as well as the mythical mess that makes up that peculiar collection of books, The Old Testament. A good place to start is Bishop John Shelby Spong's 'The Sins of Scripture'.
If you get through that you can fruitfully move onto :- http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view...1-0066.xml
The Human Race is insane.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adnan Oktar, TV cult preacher jailed for 8,658 years in Turkey LinuxGal 1 583 November 18, 2022 at 5:48 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Christian hate-preacher calls for the execution of ‘every single homosexual’. Jehanne 63 4341 June 28, 2022 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I didn’t do it out of hate. ... I did it out of love. brewer 2 466 January 10, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Divinity
  Trump administration backs Asian-American students in Harvard admissions lawsuit Alexmahone 26 2907 April 8, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  West Virginia Teachers on Strike, still make sure hungry students are fed Cecelia 21 2314 February 28, 2018 at 8:51 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Give my Preacher cousin his 15 minutes of fame drfuzzy 87 6648 February 19, 2018 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Losty
  GoFundMe disqualifies racist and homophobic county clerks Minimalist 6 1141 September 4, 2015 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Pope calls out christian fundamentalists dyresand 16 3236 July 12, 2015 at 2:57 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Yet another homophobic Republican legislator outed. Pyrrho 9 2609 April 28, 2015 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  North Korea: Students required to get Kim Jong-un haircut zebo-the-fat 22 4158 July 29, 2014 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut