Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save
Save
Is there currently anyway for the website to save typed text? I know it is possible because I have been apart of other web sites that auto saves written text every thirty seconds or so.

If not what would it take to install something like this?
RE: Save
(September 18, 2014 at 8:17 am)Drich Wrote: Is there currently anyway for the website to save typed text? I know it is possible because I have been apart of other web sites that auto saves written text every thirty seconds or so.

If not what would it take to install something like this?

Money.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(September 18, 2014 at 8:21 am)popeyespappy Wrote: Money.

In my bank account, preferably.
As above, Drich, unfortunately not at the moment. Sorry.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
You mean like a draft of a post? I don't think I've seen that in forum software, and browsers can be fickle about keeping text in an input form. If I'm making a particularly long post, I often type it up in Notepad or some other application where a stray key-combo is less likely to wipe it all out.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(September 18, 2014 at 8:31 am)Tonus Wrote: You mean like a draft of a post? I don't think I've seen that in forum software, and browsers can be fickle about keeping text in an input form. If I'm making a particularly long post, I often type it up in Notepad or some other application where a stray key-combo is less likely to wipe it all out.
These guys have it.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/

and, How much money?
...How much ya got?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Enough for a BLT Tongue
I put alot of work in to some of my larger posts. Recently I invested 6 hours looking up various concerns, and went to post and came back with an error screen. which looses everything This has happened many times. Aside from opening someother program writing it all in one pace and then transfering it here, is their any way to just save the info written here?
(September 18, 2014 at 3:13 pm)Drich Wrote:
(September 18, 2014 at 8:31 am)Tonus Wrote: You mean like a draft of a post? I don't think I've seen that in forum software, and browsers can be fickle about keeping text in an input form. If I'm making a particularly long post, I often type it up in Notepad or some other application where a stray key-combo is less likely to wipe it all out.
These guys have it.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/

I don't think that they do. Thinking
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto save feature? Apollo 4 1004 December 1, 2020 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What's with the annoying "Save" shit that appears everywhere? rado84 30 3607 July 19, 2016 at 7:22 am
Last Post: rado84