Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
App Store games
App Store games
Does anyone play any App Store games?

I have been playing battle nations for 2 years and am apart of the mantic celts guild.
This is kinda like a turn base strageity/build a base and up grade it game.

And recently started to play Star Wars commander. Started a squad "bubba fett. "I am looking for squad mates or to join an active squad where the members donate troops as often or more as the receive them.
This is basicly the same type of game except when you battle the action is more like star craft, but you do not have control over your troops. If you build a troop that attacks towers it will target all towers first the. Seek out other buildings.

Both games are free to start and only require money if you can't wait for the upgrades.

Any other good App Store games?
RE: App Store games
You might like clash of clans if you like the sort of games you've mentioned above. I've been playing it for a whole now and I enjoy it. In fact Coc and 8 ball pool are the only games I've got on my phone and tablet There's plenty of Christian clans for you to join too, if you're so inclined. I'm not in an atheist clan, although an atheist forum clan wouldnt be a bad idea if we had enough players here.
Those "games", as a recent episode of South Park rightly pointed out, are a complete scam that work on the principle of operant conditioning to addict its users to spending, much in the way EGMs (electronic gaming machines) do. Under no circumstances, whatsoever, should you let children play them.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
I've never spent any money on it so I don't know how it's a scam. Perhaps it might be a good idea if you didn't get your information from south park in the future?
I didn't get my information from South Park, I just pointed out they did an episode on it.

It's operant conditioning plain and simple look it up. They games are designed on exactly the same principle that EGMs are. They're not based on skill or ability like say a regular arcade machine game, where it is possible for a skilled player to complete the game from start to finish without ever entering more credits. With apple store games, the game's progress is limited by how much you are willing to spend to advance your position, and a player that spends more money will always advance further that someone who doesn't. Just like EGMs reinforce the player whenever they have a "win", apple games also reinforce the player at irregular intervals as such to get the player hooked.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
I dont need to look it up. I play the game and I haven't spent a penny, nor do I need to. If it's a scam it's not a very successful one.
Let me put this in a way you can understand. First here's a short video with some excellent facts on EGMs:

http://youtu.be/7Wkubf1PrWg

Now, because they use operant conditioning and are therefore designed to be addictive they must carry warnings, and they must advertise "Gambling Help Online" (in Australia) in all gaming areas.

The apple games are very similar in how they work to EGMs - they should not ever be available to children, and they should carry the same warnings that EGMs do.

COC is nothing like slot machines because you dont need to spend any money to play it and it's not gambling. If you want to be the best in the world you're probably going to need to spend money but otherwise you dont have to spend a penny to enjoy it. So, as far as I'm concerned, it's not a scam.

I dont even know why I'm bothering to argue about this with someone who obviously doesn't play the game.
The point isn't to get you to spend the money, the point is to get people who have an addictive personality to spend the money; and many of them are marketed specifically towards children.

I didn't say that it's gambling, I said it's operant conditioning - it shapes your behaviour the same way that EGMs do.

No you're right I haven't played it let me look it up...

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/clash-of...79190?mt=8

1. It claims that it's "free".

2. Top In-App Purchases:
Pile of Gems$6.49
Bag of Gems$12.99
Sack of Gems$24.99
Box of Gems$64.99
Chest of Gems$129.99

^You don't think that's a scam? Let me ask you this - who in their right mind would spend $129.99 on this?

3. "Rated 9+ for the following: Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence" - what do you know, it's marketed towards children.

It's not a scam. I've been playing the game for about a year and I haven't spent a penny on gems. If you're stupid enough to want to spend $129.99 on gems you certainly can but there is absolutely no need to.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about so I dont think there's any point carrying on this conversation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2152 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  What are your top 5 video games of all time? T0 Th3 M4X 80 8903 May 22, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I sucked at video games. Brian37 16 3176 July 18, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The issue with Match-3 games Foxaèr 4 473 August 15, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stream Switch games without a capture card. Mechaghostman2 0 384 November 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Any sci-fi open world games? Mechaghostman2 9 1918 September 27, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Games still to be released in 2018 Foxaèr 9 1166 June 2, 2018 at 12:32 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Of new homes and video games. Brian37 7 1165 May 25, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  No evidence to support link between violent video games and behavior Gawdzilla Sama 12 1855 January 21, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games? ƵenKlassen 7 1235 November 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Cecelia