Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's official.
It's official.
Okay, so I normally don't post new threads of personal content but I feel this deserves a thread of its own. Especially since you guys have been listening to my ranting the last few weeks about writing.

I just wanted to share that I officially finished my Masters today. My dissertation is done, printed, bound and submitted. It was the last portion of my degree that I had to complete. I had teaching practice first term, an exhibition second and the dissertation this summer.

Technically I was supposed to start on it in May but I took June off, went on adventures in July and finally started on it at the end of August. Little over three weeks later and I'm done.

Okay enough rambling. Now I play the waiting game for the results and which degree classification I have received. (For the non-UK people, they have different degree classes that basically rate how good you did.)

Anyway, I'm just super excited.
Badger
"Yes, I am a Free Lover. I have an inalienable, constitutional and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or as short a period as I can; to change that love every day if I please, and with that right neither you nor any law you can frame have any right to interfere. And I have the further right to demand a free and unrestricted exercise of that right, and it is your duty not only to accord it, but as a community, to see I am protected in it. I trust that I am fully understood, for I mean just that, and nothing else."
— Victoria Woodhull, “And the truth shall make you free,” a speech on the principles of social freedom, 1871
RE: It's official.
Good job Keri! Congrats Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Congrats.
Congrats!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Very cool.

Congratulations!
Dying to live, living to die.
Thanks guys! Now I can move on from only posting about word count updates. AND I can post more. Nothing more to do for the next month!
"Yes, I am a Free Lover. I have an inalienable, constitutional and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or as short a period as I can; to change that love every day if I please, and with that right neither you nor any law you can frame have any right to interfere. And I have the further right to demand a free and unrestricted exercise of that right, and it is your duty not only to accord it, but as a community, to see I am protected in it. I trust that I am fully understood, for I mean just that, and nothing else."
— Victoria Woodhull, “And the truth shall make you free,” a speech on the principles of social freedom, 1871
It's good to have a purpose in life.

No, seriously. Congratulations.
Phantastic! What's your subject?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Way to go, Talos bless you. *^O^*
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

Awesome Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Hallowe'en Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 149 8499 December 24, 2022 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The Official Necro Thread Edwardo Piet 12 957 April 23, 2018 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The official cuteness thread.... Brian37 2 516 August 4, 2017 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: Regina
  The Official "add me" on FB thread Foxaèr 2 936 August 26, 2016 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Official Kudos Page Count Foxaèr 137 12105 April 21, 2016 at 10:07 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Official two year anniversary Foxaèr 7 1458 March 16, 2015 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Official Better Call Saul thread Mudhammam 4 1165 January 28, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  What's the official statistic for Atheists in the population? IanHulett 8 1430 January 21, 2015 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Official"Last Poet is a legend" thread. Zen Badger 6 1796 January 21, 2013 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  [Official] The Vinny G. Thread Vincenzo Vinny G. 88 28708 December 8, 2012 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Aractus