Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll Paraphrase Martin Luther and call this...
I'll Paraphrase Martin Luther and call this...
The Jews and their Bullshit.

Jim West's blog has a link to this article from Der Spiegel. It recounts the "Samaritan Temple" and how the Jerusalem Temple wrote intself into history as the "only" temple.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/worl...27144.html

Quote:The Jews had significant competition in antiquity when it came to worshipping Yahweh. Archeologists have discovered a second great temple not far from Jerusalem that predates its better known cousin. It belonged to the Samaritans, and may have been edited out of the Bible once the rivalry had been decided.
RE: I'll Paraphrase Martin Luther and call this...
The part about menstruation was gross.
Religious types always seem fixated on female genitalia. Happens in the good ole U S of A, too.
I remain amazed, in spite of growing genetic troubles, they relented and are allowing in new 'breeding' stock.

Seems like if God didn't want the degenerative mutations, he would have flung a miracle their way. Odd they don't see it that way.
Wait - a religious group edited history to make themselves look better? The novelty and shock are underwhelming.

Honestly, though, how long do religions think they can survive in the face of archeological finds that point up their deliberate dishonesty regarding history?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 29, 2014 at 12:32 am)Minimalist Wrote: Religious types always seem fixated on female genitalia. Happens in the good ole U S of A, too.

Nothing wrong with thinking about a little pussy on occasion.

I guess that explains why the Jews didn't like the Samaritans. They disliked the Canaanites because they worshiped a pantheon that Yahweh was a lesser member of. Same deal with the Samaritans, I guess.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(September 29, 2014 at 12:32 am)Minimalist Wrote: Religious types always seem fixated on female genitalia.

Makes sense, as many of them are cunts.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(September 29, 2014 at 8:12 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 29, 2014 at 12:32 am)Minimalist Wrote: Religious types always seem fixated on female genitalia. Happens in the good ole U S of A, too.

Nothing wrong with thinking about a little pussy on occasion.

Fixating on menstruation and preaching about the filth and horror of it to the flock for hours is something else entirely.
(September 29, 2014 at 8:59 am)Chad32 Wrote: I guess that explains why the Jews didn't like the Samaritans. They disliked the Canaanites because they worshiped a pantheon that Yahweh was a lesser member of. Same deal with the Samaritans, I guess.

No. That is decidedly not the issue.

They were ALL Canaanites and all worshiped the same traditions.

Quote:At first -- so much is clear -- the Samaritans had the upper hand. Indeed, compared with Jerusalem, Mount Gerizim enjoyed significantly older rights: In the great tale of the history of the chosen people, the mountain plays a key role.

Even after crushing the northern kingdom the Gezirim Temple remained in operation - which sort of puts the lie to this Lost Ten Tribes horseshit - and remained a major player until 128 when the Judeans destroyed it.
This was a political not a religious battle. The priests who controlled the yhwh cult in Jerusalem - recently freed from Seleucid control by the Maccabaean revolt - used the military power of the state to settle the issue of where would the temple be located.

When evaluating this stuff you must totally dismiss all the bible bullshit and examine the archaeology/history.

The Southern polity (call it Judah, Yehud, or Judaea ) is an insignificant pimple on the ass of history ( Herodotus doesn't even mention it ) from the early 6th century BC sack of Jerusalem to the period from 140-90 BC when it did attain a modicum of regional power.

And the fucking priests were right there dragging their particular version of a god along with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists Supported Martin Luther King Jr. Brian37 0 1016 January 19, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Brian37