Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insanity Workout
Insanity Workout
Anyone here ever tried this workout?

Results?
"Yes, I am a Free Lover. I have an inalienable, constitutional and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or as short a period as I can; to change that love every day if I please, and with that right neither you nor any law you can frame have any right to interfere. And I have the further right to demand a free and unrestricted exercise of that right, and it is your duty not only to accord it, but as a community, to see I am protected in it. I trust that I am fully understood, for I mean just that, and nothing else."
— Victoria Woodhull, “And the truth shall make you free,” a speech on the principles of social freedom, 1871
RE: Insanity Workout
Why exercise when you can fahst
Yes and it's frikin difficult.

I'll be honest and say I'm not a fan of interval training. I prefer actually doing a sport or an activity to get fit.

I didn't complete it, though, and it's hard to argue with the results it apparently gives.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(October 3, 2014 at 2:29 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Yes and it's frikin difficult.

I'll be honest and say I'm not a fan of interval training. I prefer actually doing a sport or an activity to get fit.

I didn't complete it, though, and it's hard to argue with the results it apparently gives.

Thanks for the feedback. My gf just bought it. She's a rower but has been rowing for years and the muscles needed have already built up. Problem is, her style of rowing is more endurance than intensity. She can literally row for hours without stopping. But she can't run for more than 5 minutes and with her knees (she's tall) running long distances is challenging. So she wants to try something that will get her sweating, that isn't running. She has to get in shape because she wants to join the navy.

I'm considering starting it with her.
"Yes, I am a Free Lover. I have an inalienable, constitutional and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or as short a period as I can; to change that love every day if I please, and with that right neither you nor any law you can frame have any right to interfere. And I have the further right to demand a free and unrestricted exercise of that right, and it is your duty not only to accord it, but as a community, to see I am protected in it. I trust that I am fully understood, for I mean just that, and nothing else."
— Victoria Woodhull, “And the truth shall make you free,” a speech on the principles of social freedom, 1871
I've often said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting ripped results. Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
You can always try the T25 program, which is like the Insanity program but shorter (~25 minutes per workout versus 40-60... I think). Same idea though, short bursts of high-intensity cardio or body-weight training with shorter bursts of low-intensity work (the reverse of typical interval training).
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(October 3, 2014 at 1:57 pm)Keri Wrote: Anyone here ever tried this workout?

Results?

Results: your body hurts and you want to die.
I always prefer healthier eating and just plain running, but if you need to lose weight quick it works. It just sucks really bad. Lol
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(October 3, 2014 at 3:35 pm)Losty Wrote:
(October 3, 2014 at 1:57 pm)Keri Wrote: Anyone here ever tried this workout?

Results?

Results: your body hurts and you want to die.
I always prefer healthier eating and just plain running, but if you need to lose weight quick it works. It just sucks really bad. Lol

Yeah she needs to lose some uni weight. She's fit, but not to the standards of the Royal Navy guidelines. She rowed across the Irish Sea a few months ago. But like I said, it's a different type of workout and she could row in her sleep, she's so good at it.

She is strong but has to lose fat quickly.

As for hurting she's already icing her back! Think a muscle was pulled. :/
I just do the regular running/jogging and then some push-ups and all those exercise activities. Not too much or too few, just the normal routine.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(October 3, 2014 at 5:34 pm)Keri Wrote:
(October 3, 2014 at 3:35 pm)Losty Wrote: Results: your body hurts and you want to die.

Yeah she needs to lose some uni weight. She's fit, but not to the standards of the Royal Navy guidelines. She rowed across the Irish Sea a few months ago. But like I said, it's a different type of workout and she could row in her sleep, she's so good at it.

She is strong but has to lose fat quickly.

As for hurting she's already icing her back! Think a muscle was pulled. :/

Well if she can push through it, then she will get the results she wants. It does work...but it's also evil. Lol :hugs:
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well