Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alas
Alas
I was working as night janitor in a nearby town. I occasionally, when I came into work, I saw the receptionist. She was a pretty girl and seemed very nice.

The building had a licensed bar on the second floor that was used for meetings and parties but was not open to the public.

I did not clean the second floor until very early in the morning. But one night I was on the second floor looking for a vacuum that had been barrowed from my closet and I saw the receptionist and several people I did not know drinking in the bar. I told the receptionist that she could not be in there. A rather large young man stood up and asked me who was going to stop them. I explained that they had to stop themselves and that if I saw them in there again I would report it.

The next day I was called to the general managers office. I was due for a promotion to supervisor with a commensurate pay raise. My plan was to humbly accept.

Instead of a promotion the manager told me that the receptionist had accused me of harassment and if it happened again I would be fired. In harassment cases the accusation is usually proof of guilt. Well played by the receptionist and from then on I stayed off of the second floor and entered the building from a rear door.

A few weeks later the CEO came in late, apparently for some work he had forgotten, and he found the receptionist and her friends drinking in the bar. I have been told that he asked her what she was doing there and she told him that I had given her permission to use the bar. The CEO found me in another part of the building and fired me.

Sometimes I think that life is not fair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is completely plagiarised and fictional, well, not this bit. I just found it enjoyable to read. Don't have the real guys name, but I can link to another forum site if it's OK.......... is it ?
RE: Alas
(October 9, 2014 at 9:07 pm)ForumMember77 Wrote: Don't have the real guys name, but I can link to another forum site if it's OK.......... is it ?

I don't see why it wouldn't be okay. The only rule against anything like that would be that you can't post advertising links (including advertising for one's own blog, etc.) without thirty days of membership and at least thirty posts.