Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aliens Vs. Predator
Aliens Vs. Predator
GoG.com is giving away the classic Aliens Vs. Predator when you sign up for the GoG Galaxy Beta.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: Aliens Vs. Predator
Your slogan seems to indicate that you are a campy Movie aficionado. Therefore I wonder - what are your thoughts on AvP2? Big Grin
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(October 15, 2014 at 7:59 am)Alex K Wrote: Your slogan seems to indicate that you are a campy Movie aficionado. Therefore I wonder - what are your thoughts on AvP2? Big Grin

Never saw it. Heard it wasn't that great. Also, The 5th Element was genius Big Grin
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Oh, wow, that's the version that was released for the Jaguar. I always thought it was exclusive to that console. That might make for an interesting stroll down memory lane.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 15, 2014 at 7:59 am)Alex K Wrote: Your slogan seems to indicate that you are a campy Movie aficionado. Therefore I wonder - what are your thoughts on AvP2? Big Grin

I think all subsequent movies cheapens and utterly diminished Ridley Scott's alien. It is as if one were to write a sequel to Moby Dick called called Morby Dick vs the Giant Squid.
I saw that earlier. Do you know if you get to keep it permanently or is it just a you only get it for X amount of time sort of thing?
(October 15, 2014 at 7:24 pm)Noodly1 Wrote: just a you only get it for X amount of time sort of thing?

GoG doesn't do that at all. When Steam does it they are very clear about it.
(October 15, 2014 at 4:19 pm)Chuck Wrote:

I think all subsequent movies cheapens and utterly diminished Ridley Scott's alien. It is as if one were to write a sequel to Moby Dick called called Morby Dick vs the Giant Squid.

But not nearly as much as his own craptacular prequel!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition