Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britney Spears
Britney Spears
Alright guys, don't judge me, this is a serious issue! Probably!

I was just watching Much More Music and Britney's "3" came on. The lyric of her song is "are you in, living in sin is the new thing." But on Much, they changed it to say "living like this is the new thing." What the hell is this!? Her gyrating sexually is more acceptable in pop culture than referencing sin?!
[Image: Canadatheist3copy.jpg?t=1270015625]
RE: Britney Spears
Didn't John Lennons song "Imagine" also get changed for the American market?

The line" imagine there's no heaven, no religion too" was changed so the christian

right wouldn't have a hissy fit.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(February 3, 2010 at 4:38 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Didn't John Lennons song "Imagine" also get changed for the American market?

The line" imagine there's no heaven, no religion too" was changed so the christian

right wouldn't have a hissy fit.

No. COnsidering that the song was, in effect, self-released, and John probably would have had a hissy fit if the distributors would have insisted on a change. However, I don't remember the two anti-religious lines from the song appearing consecutively.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Rolling Stones
"Let's spend the night together"

Changed to
"Let's spend some time together"

I really never got it growing up, but me gramps used to say Americans were a bunch of "stick-in-the-muds".
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(February 3, 2010 at 12:49 pm)Dotard Wrote: Rolling Stones
"Let's spend the night together"

Changed to
"Let's spend some time together"

I really never got it growing up, but me gramps used to say Americans were a bunch of "stick-in-the-muds".
I'm American and I honestly can't understand why we're still so uptight about the depiction of sex.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
This isn't real censorship. Look up Google scrubbing old news articles as it builds up it's giant database of all written information in history. The winners of the wars get to write history. What they let a pop star say is not censorship, what happened on this day in history is.
Quote:What they let a pop star say is not censorship, what happened on this day in history is.

Just when I begin to think you can't possibly say anything more idiotic than you already have,you do. Confused Fall

Censorship includes restricting what any person says or publishes. The moment you begin telling a pop star what he or she may or may not sing,they are being censored,regardless of the jusification
(February 3, 2010 at 10:21 pm)Pippy Wrote: This isn't real censorship. Look up Google scrubbing old news articles as it builds up it's giant database of all written information in history. The winners of the wars get to write history. What they let a pop star say is not censorship, what happened on this day in history is.
I did a Google search for "google scrubbing old news articles" and nothing came up. You see Pippy, this is why we ask that you provide evidence.

Even if this were true, I hardly see how this is censorship. Google is a private company, they don't have to make everything searchable. I suspect they remove old news articles because only the more recent news articles are relevant. The news articles are still found on the news sites that they originally came from, and if not, it's hardly Google's fault, seeing as Google doesn't store these sites; it merely scrapes them.
I just could care less what they let stupid britney fucking spears say or not say. If that is (duh-duh-duuhhh) censorship, I would say that there are far more important pieces of censorship. What these fake celebrities do is not news. Please join us in the real world, where we have real concerns about real events.

Thank you.
The worst I've heard in recent memory is the Black Eyed Peas song "Boom Boom Pow".

It contains the following nonsensical lyric: "Here-we-go here-we-go, satellite radio..."

When you hear it on FM Radio stations, they silence "satellite radio". Are they really that desperate for listeners that they'll try to deny the existence of satellite radio?!

Edit: Also, it's important to make the distinction that censorship usually refers to government suppression or alteration or information. The US (or in this case, the Canadian) government never said Britney Spears can't refer to sin. If anything, it was probably her record label not wanting to alienate the fire-and-brimstone mothers of her 12 year old southern girl fanbase.

It's a catchy song, though.
- Meatball

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Britney's crying EMO Oldandeasilyconfused 0 912 September 8, 2009 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused