Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about blogging
question about blogging
This isn't a religious question. I have a question about blogging on WordPress.com

I made an account and wrote a post just like anyone would. I'm pretty sure I set visibility to public.
But then when I searched for it on the Internet, it's not there. I typed the blog title first, then added WordPress.com at the end. Still nothing.
The only way I can see it is logging into my account and looking at my profile for the post. I know this isn't the best place to ask, but I'm asking on all websites I can.

If my posts can't be seen when you do a search on the Internet, What's the point?
RE: question about blogging
Just quit, it's Haram Angry
RE: question about blogging
If you can reach your blog when you're not signed in, then it's public. If you can't find it on Google that's either because Google's bots haven't gotten to it yet or they've ranked you on page 3006 or some such.

Google and other search engines aren't instant. They do have to get there. And when they get there, they mostly look at tags. Have you tagged your posts?
And when placing you in the rankings from first to last, they use a compilation of tag relevancy, outside links, and other things they may or may not tell us about.

WordPress does have a forum. https://wordpress.org/support/ They would probably be the best place to ask.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.