Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from Anatolia
Hi from Anatolia
Hello,

I am from Anatolia, and hope to share intellectual views with you.
I wish lovely discussions and nice posts.
We derive our inspiration, not from heaven, or from an unseen world, but directly from life.
RE: Hi from Anatolia
Welcome MrGuitar, to the forums.
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
A Turkish atheist, how does that go down back home?
(February 4, 2010 at 2:02 am)theVOID Wrote: A Turkish atheist, how does that go down back home?

Answer is clear and simple: with and on my legs, by walking.

Look at my avatar.
He is one of the greatest atheists ever lived!
We derive our inspiration, not from heaven, or from an unseen world, but directly from life.
Welcome to the forum MrGuitar.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(February 4, 2010 at 1:12 am)Amphora Wrote: Welcome MrGuitar, to the forums.

I'm honored.

Thank u for your kind welcome mademoissel.
Your answer doesn't make much sense Smile

Anyway, what is it like being an Atheist in such a huge majority Muslim nation? Are you open about it? And how are you treated for your non belief by your family, community and co-workers?

Also, i have no idea who the man in your avatar is.
(February 4, 2010 at 6:02 am)MrGuitar Wrote:
(February 4, 2010 at 2:02 am)theVOID Wrote: A Turkish atheist, how does that go down back home?

Look at my avatar.

I have to admit the only Turkish atheist I've heard of is Turan Dursun, and I know that is not the one on your avatar. So forgive my ignorance when I ask who it is?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(February 4, 2010 at 6:09 am)leo-rcc Wrote:
(February 4, 2010 at 6:02 am)MrGuitar Wrote:

Look at my avatar.

I have to admit the only Turkish atheist I've heard of is Turan Dursun, and I know that is not the one on your avatar. So forgive my ignorance when I ask who it is?

He is the founder of laic-secular, democratic Turkish Republic and starter of the great Turkish enlightenment movement.
Doh. Of course. Okay, that was really bad of me.

Though I've never seen Mustafa Kemal Atatürk in this pose before. I recall him with a less puffy face.

Anyway, Forumumuza Hoşgeldiniz. That is about the extent of my Turkish. Smile
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian