Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel
Who here has played it? I want to, because it seems so cool to be able to jump through space and I loved Borderlands and Borderlands 2, but is it worth $60? Undecided
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
RE: Borderlands The Pre-Sequel
I'm a HUGE Borderlands fan. I love the new one. EXCELLENT dialogue and story.

I chose to play Athena (gladiator class) for my first play through.
I'm half way through it ... More of the same ... Which is a good thing.
And a lot of Australiana to boot!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Yeah I believe 2k Australia took the lead on development with this one, so I'm loving all the accents. Playing as Wilhelm..because robots.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I'll have to give it a try.
Dying to live, living to die.
The writing is way better than the previous two games (not that they were bad). So many little side remarks and insults and jokes that just get tossed out like no big deal, very fun.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I actually got an absolutely MASSIVE voucher from GreenManGaming that meant it only costed $40 for the base game, which is much more manageable for me. I paid that a few months ago for Borderlands 2 (put in 27 hours to that since then). I then redeemed the code on Steam, which says I've put in three hours. That was last night WAAAAY past when I should have been asleep, and I've been having a blast.

The writing is absolutely better than both the previous games, at least so far. Plus my character, Nisha, is infinitely more likeably badass (and deranged) than either Siren character I played was. And the combat is superb. I don't think I'll ever get tired of jumping, boosting, then slamming, following that up with whipping and using Showdown to auto-aim on enemies!

I do feel that it should have been priced a lot lower on PC to begin with since it doesn't change a whole lot (so far), and seems like it might have a lot of padding. I'm also holding off on the Season Pass until it drops in price and I've sunk quite a few more hours into the game, since I liked the Borderlands 1 DLC but the Borderlands 2 DLC was kinda meh for me.
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
(October 23, 2014 at 5:00 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Yeah I believe 2k Australia took the lead on development with this one, so I'm loving all the accents. Playing as Wilhelm..because robots.

What accents? Hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Borderlands 2 Nine 6 1633 October 23, 2012 at 4:12 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy