Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I spent 8 weeks of my life thinking I was Jesus.
I spent 8 weeks of my life thinking I was Jesus.
... because I was mentally ill and delusional. This is back in January 2007.

So I guess technically I was "Christian" for 8 weeks of my life! - if you count "Christian" as "follower of Christ" - but I don't quite get how you follow yourself around!

ROFLOL

Maybe I shoulda put this in "Religion" forum but meh, I dunno really.

EvF
RE: I spent 8 weeks of my life thinking I was Jesus.
Um?
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Um what?

Maybe I should have made the post more clear... but I don't know how to!! lol.

EvF
I was kinda a believer at one point in life. When I was around 9-10. Didn't see god as the perfect all knowing non-temporal being. Just looked at it as I would with santa. Since you never see either of them. I even thought I could tell god what to do as well. I was in school and it was raining outside and I told god to stop it. Funny enough it stopped a few minutes later.Big Grin

I believed in god for a far smaller amount of time than you EvF. It only lasted a couple of weeks. Then I grew up.Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Interesting post...

I guess you could say I was a Christian for about a week when I was 8 and the Gideons came to our school and said your sould could be saved if you read a bible passage every night. I read a few of the daily suggested readings, then I started from the start, then I scrapped it because it was stupid and G.I. Joes are more badass.
- Meatball
What do you mean 'was mentally ill and delusional' ? :p
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I was Jesus in a past life, so I know from personal experience that he was a liar and a fraud Wink
So is this a suggestion to believers to take certain pills?
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
Well, to quote Bill Hicks: How come people always flip and think they're Jesus? Why not Buddha? Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
In what way did you feel you were Jesus Ev? /What attributes did you think you had?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone thinking of taking part in Movember? Cod 29 2331 October 29, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  2 weeks and counting!! Jehanne 7 400 October 21, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Once again time for how much time you've spent here Foxaèr 23 2660 April 5, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Man Dies after "Jesus is my Life" Tattoo Infected TheRealJoeFish 13 3875 June 5, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  With four weeks left Joods 18 2370 January 25, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Time spent on here Foxaèr 16 1129 October 1, 2016 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  Thinking About Trying Online Dating Again - Talk Me Out of It Seraphina 62 6011 July 29, 2016 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Whats going on with Thinking Atheist forum? Brian37 23 4366 July 1, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, reta 9 2094 April 23, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  British people - Thinking about emigrating... Dystopia 26 4061 August 20, 2015 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Napoléon