Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Rock on SNL
Chris Rock on SNL
His opening monologue.

Scroll down for video.

http://www.gossipcop.com/chris-rock-snl-...ive-watch/
RE: Chris Rock on SNL
I recall Gilbert Gottfried noted the crowd was edging towards unpleasantness during one of his performances shortly after 9/11. He then launched into his take on "The Aristocrats" and the rest, as they say, is history.
Now there is a guy who is about as funny as an abortion on a plate.
(November 2, 2014 at 6:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Now there is a guy who is about as funny as an abortion on a plate.

Stand up comedians are mostly suspect to me... They often have a callous sociopathic vibe.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

It is all eyes on ads.
To be recognized by the important persons in entertainment (the ad buyers) a performer must distinguish him or herself from their competition. The means by which they do so is often not material to the motives of the decision makers (those with the cash.) It doesn't matter much what they say, just so long as they can attract attention. I see a selective process based on the -No publicity is bad publicity- principle and commonly called 'edgy.' The result of this mechanism is that entertainers play chicken with their material, seeing who can be the most outrageous. Very occasionally someone will offend the sensibilities of their audience enough and be suppressed by the mob. But it is difficult to underestimate the taste of the American public.
I think it capitalizes on our novelty seeking tendencies.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
(November 2, 2014 at 6:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Now there is a guy who is about as funny as an abortion on a plate.

I couldn't stand Gilbert till I heard him do "The Aristocrats'. I'm a fan now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SNL has been killing it lately Aegon 19 2137 February 19, 2017 at 12:35 am
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Quite possibley the best rock concert performance EVER !!! vorlon13 0 425 July 8, 2016 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  More than alternative: Industrial, deathrock, goth-rock, screamo, punk... Creed of Heresy 8 2819 February 23, 2014 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Sejanus
  When Rock didn't suck! BrokenQuill92 13 3749 January 7, 2014 at 11:47 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  Hard Rock Hallelujah Gooders1002 5 1495 March 17, 2013 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Gooders1002
Music Soft Rock Bands? All Knowing Hippie 16 4424 August 4, 2012 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: jonb
  Tory MP Chris Kelly Caught Getting Kids to Stroke his Cock. leo-rcc 4 1819 August 27, 2010 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Minimalist