Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tebow Commercial
Tebow Commercial
The Tebow abortion commercial was pretty shitty and got more hype than it deserved.

His mom said that doctors encouraged her to have an abortion, yet he was born in the Philippines and abortion has been illegal there well before Tebow was born.

"The act is criminalized by the Revised Penal Code of the Philippines, which was enacted in 1930 and remains in effect today. Articles 256, 258 and 259 of the Code mandate imprisonment for the woman who undergoes the abortion, as well as for any person who assists in the procedure, even if they be the woman's parents, a physician or midwife" wikipedia

No doctor in their right mind would consider telling Mrs. Tebow that she should have an abortion. Does anyone else think her story is false?
RE: Tebow Commercial
I've not heard about this commercial. Can you give some background information?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
It's put forth by Focus on the Family, a well known anti-choice organization.
I call bullshit.

Unless someone suggested she could leave the country for it.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(February 8, 2010 at 4:45 am)leo-rcc Wrote: I've not heard about this commercial. Can you give some background information?

I forget where I initially heard about the commercial, but people were upset because a prolife commercial was going to be played during the superbowl. http://mashable.com/2010/01/26/tim-tebow-super-bowl-ad/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Peeves with commercial marketing. Brian37 17 1648 July 30, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Favorite Beers, Commercial and Craft Neo-Scholastic 11 2094 October 3, 2014 at 12:06 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Tebow Cut By Jets Minimalist 5 1270 May 1, 2013 at 11:30 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Visiting America, or "the reason I hate commercial flying". leo-rcc 3 2123 February 9, 2009 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy