Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Holes
White Holes
Hello. I was reading some articles, and I stumbled upon an article about the idea of white holes. For the uneducated on what they are, they are, in a nutshell, what comes out on the other side of black holes. The idea states that the matter that enters into a black hole disperses onto the other side (a new universe.) I was just curious if this has any validity? By that I mean, is it possible to show evidence of, mathematically or physically?
RE: White Holes
(November 5, 2014 at 7:28 pm)JaceDeanLove Wrote: Hello. I was reading some articles, and I stumbled upon an article about the idea of white holes. For the uneducated on what they are, they are, in a nutshell, what comes out on the other side of black holes. The idea states that the matter that enters into a black hole disperses onto the other side (a new universe.) I was just curious if this has any validity? By that I mean, is it possible to show evidence of, mathematically or physically?

Mathematically I suppose, physically? None that I know of.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Not sure about mathematically but I'm pretty sure no physical evidence even exists of blackholes let alone whiteholes. We only know about blackholes because we can see the effects of them (at least that's my understanding). Whiteholes just seem like pure conjecture, but I'm not an expert on the subject.
Hawking radiation is what (eventually) disperses black holes so we don't need white holes.

BTW, when I typed eventually, I really meant it. the process takes a VERY long time. But everything in a black hole someday dribbles out.
(November 5, 2014 at 7:28 pm)JaceDeanLove Wrote: Hello. I was reading some articles, and I stumbled upon an article about the idea of white holes. For the uneducated on what they are, they are, in a nutshell, what comes out on the other side of black holes. The idea states that the matter that enters into a black hole disperses onto the other side (a new universe.) I was just curious if this has any validity? By that I mean, is it possible to show evidence of, mathematically or physically?

Matter that falls into black holes is converted to energy and radiated away in the form of Hawking's radiation. If this is true it would seem to me that matter stays in this universe and doesn't become the building blocks of some other universe.

edit: Vorlon....you bastard...Wink....you beat me too it by 1 minute.
Re: RE: White Holes
(November 5, 2014 at 7:28 pm)JaceDeanLove Wrote: Hello. I was reading some articles, and I stumbled upon an article about the idea of white holes.

I much rather enjoy the idea of a pink hole. There are plenty of articles on them and they usually have high definition pictures.
(November 5, 2014 at 8:41 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Not sure about mathematically but I'm pretty sure no physical evidence even exists of blackholes let alone whiteholes. We only know about blackholes because we can see the effects of them (at least that's my understanding). Whiteholes just seem like pure conjecture, but I'm not an expert on the subject.

X-rays are physical evidence, aren't they?

(November 5, 2014 at 10:12 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote:
(November 5, 2014 at 8:41 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Not sure about mathematically but I'm pretty sure no physical evidence even exists of blackholes let alone whiteholes. We only know about blackholes because we can see the effects of them (at least that's my understanding). Whiteholes just seem like pure conjecture, but I'm not an expert on the subject.

X-rays are physical evidence, aren't they?

X-rays are evidence of super heated gas. The reason it is superheated is because its believed to be circulating around a black hole. X-rays are indirect evidence.
White holes don't exist, no matter how hard you wipe.

Your move, whateverist.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(November 5, 2014 at 7:28 pm)JaceDeanLove Wrote: For the uneducated on what they are, they are, in a nutshell, what comes out on the other side of black holes.
...............................................lol
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ultra Massive Black Holes...... Brian37 55 7800 February 11, 2019 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Matryoshka dolls and rabbit holes... ignoramus 2 722 July 26, 2017 at 9:13 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Interesting take on black holes. Annik 15 7506 June 4, 2012 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake