Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:39 pm

Poll: What best describes your regard for our species?
This poll is closed.
Our destiny lies beyond our solar system. We are this galaxy's best hope.
10.00%
1 10.00%
In all humility, we are the greatest achievement of evolution on this planet.
0%
0 0%
Every time I meet a human being with an excess of insight and a shortage of axes to grind I fall in love with our species all over again.
20.00%
2 20.00%
On our best days we approach the nobility of a dog.
20.00%
2 20.00%
What a paradox we are. Just enough instances of true genius that there can be no doubt how incomplete and flawed most of us are.
20.00%
2 20.00%
I am offended by what passes for reason, logic and evidence among my hairless ape brethren.
0%
0 0%
I am constantly amazed that we haven't already annihilated ourselves. We are like kids with nuclear matchsticks.
30.00%
3 30.00%
None of the above.
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What best describes your appraisal of/expectations for humanity?
What best describes your appraisal of/expectations for humanity?
I wonder if atheists or theists have a higher regard for their fellow man. (My own regard for us vacillates.) This is a poll to intended to spark a conversation. Like all the polls I start, you are welcome to vote for as many as you like and all votes are public.

How highly do you regard humanity as a species? Are we the top of the heap, somewhere in the middle or pond scum in your opinion? From most to least positive the arbitrary choices are:

1) Our destiny lies beyond our solar system. We are this galaxy's best hope.

2) In all humility, we are the greatest achievement of evolution on this planet.

3) Every time I meet a human being with an excess of insight and a shortage of axes to grind I fall in love with our species all over again.

4) On our best days we approach the nobility of a dog.

5) What a paradox we are. Just enough instances of true genius that there can be no doubt how incomplete and flawed most of us are.

6) I am offended by what passes for reason, logic and evidence among my hairless ape brethren.

7) I am constantly amazed that we haven't already annihilated ourselves. We are like kids with nuclear matchsticks.

8) None of the above.
RE: What best describes your appraisal of/expectations for humanity?
I would say the porcine species may be more noble than the canine species. Though the canine species does seem to display unconditional love better
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I've heard that too but I think I'll keep to my fine bitches.
There are a lot of good and decent people on this earth, but sadly they're not calling the shots. So I see no concerted effort in making this world a better place. Quite the opposite. So I voted that I'm amazed we haven't blown ourself up yet.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you view humanity in general? Ahriman 73 4567 October 2, 2021 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Sometimes Humanity gives you a glimpse of hope no one 14 1414 July 28, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The very best day of your life? Cod 37 3409 December 10, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Cod
  The biggest threat to humanity... The Valkyrie 15 1666 June 10, 2018 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  What was the best year of your life? ƵenKlassen 30 3980 November 14, 2017 at 4:02 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  The Future of Humanity Puke Skywalker 18 3057 July 6, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  What are your best and worst qualities? Catholic_Lady 104 7524 December 13, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  The best way to dump your cheating girlfriend Napoléon 219 22851 December 1, 2015 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Cards Against Humanity Recording dyresand 4 1152 October 2, 2015 at 12:27 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Cards Against Humanity (Online) Walking Void 1 1768 November 30, 2013 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD