Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Koran is perpetual war against all who deny -- J.Q. Adams
The Koran is perpetual war against all who deny -- J.Q. Adams
Oh for a time when presidents weren't complete morons ...
Quote:http://quadrant.org.au/opinion/qed/2014/...wn-muslim/

Let’s go back a bit further to 1830 and to an essay by the sixth president of the USA, John Quincy Adams...

The precept of the Koran is, perpetual war against all who deny, that Mahomet is the prophet of God. The vanquished may purchase their lives, by the payment of tribute; the victorious may be appeased by a false and delusive promise of peace; and the faithful follower of the prophet, may submit to the imperious necessities of defeat: but the command to propagate the Moslem creed by the sword is always obligatory, when it can be made effective.”
RE: The Koran is perpetual war against all who deny -- J.Q. Adams
John Quincy Adams also believed the Earth was hollow. *shrug*

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 8, 2014 at 8:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: John Quincy Adams also believed the Earth was hollow. *shrug*

Boru

At least he got something right eh?
(November 8, 2014 at 8:54 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(November 8, 2014 at 8:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: John Quincy Adams also believed the Earth was hollow. *shrug*

Boru

At least he got something right eh?

What? The earth is hollow?!! Wow! Awesome avatar, Napoleon.
(November 8, 2014 at 9:15 pm)Lao Shizi Wrote: What? The earth is hollow?!! Wow! Awesome avatar, Napoleon.

You mean it isn't?

Thanks.
Yes, it is hollow, just like how Cadbury eggs are hollow and filled with cream.
Isn't saying he believed in a hollow earth an ad hominem? I mean Newton believed in alchemy and Christianity but it doesn't mean how theory of gravity is wrong.

I expect better reasoning than this from atheists tbh.
(November 9, 2014 at 4:05 am)jesus_wept Wrote: Isn't saying he believed in a hollow earth an ad hominem? I mean Newton believed in alchemy and Christianity but it doesn't mean how theory of gravity is wrong.

I expect better reasoning than this from atheists tbh.

Not ad hominem at all. I was pointing out (trying to, anyroad) that the OP is making the argument from authority. Adams opinions about Islam may or may not be valid, but simply offering up a quote from him without other support is fallacious. I wasn't attacking Adams in the least. He was a brilliant diplomat, maybe the best of his age, but that doesn't give his position on Islam any weight.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 9, 2014 at 6:59 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I was pointing out (trying to, anyroad) that the OP is making the argument from authority. Adams opinions about Islam may or may not be valid, but simply offering up a quote from him without other support is fallacious. I wasn't attacking Adams in the least. He was a brilliant diplomat, maybe the best of his age, but that doesn't give his position on Islam any weight.
I wasn't attempting to make an argument. The case against Islam has been made many times here. It's just another nail in the coffin, from a time when people actually studied the Koran and spoke the truth (hollow Earth aside) instead of parroting brainless "religion of peace" dogma.
[Image: Publication1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  War According To The Qur'an KuranMumini19 24 3802 April 22, 2020 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 7759 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What happened to the war on ISIS? WinterHold 53 14716 February 9, 2019 at 8:14 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  BREAKING: Cold War-era Wahhabism used as tool against Soviets. Saudi Arabia Admits WinterHold 23 4302 September 14, 2018 at 5:29 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Tomi Lahren: Does The Koran Advocate Violence? mralstoner 13 4353 July 31, 2015 at 1:29 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  Does Quran teach peace or war? Mystic 29 9582 March 10, 2013 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Muslim Scholar
  War and the Qur'an: Hypocritical criticism ideologue08 48 13687 March 8, 2013 at 12:38 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Enter the Koran contest, and win an AK-47! leo-rcc 30 9879 October 13, 2011 at 6:08 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  Koran book burning Ashendant 75 19475 October 29, 2010 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Contradictions in the koran Minimalist 6 2745 July 12, 2010 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Minimalist