Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many unbelievers are there?
How many unbelievers are there?
So how many people on this planet don't believe in a god?

Well, given there are 7.1 billion people, and let's take the top five religions..

4.3billion don't believe in christianity.
5.6billion don't believe in islam.
6.2billion don't believe in hinduism.
6.8billion don't believe in buddhism.
7.0billion don't believe in sikhism.

That's almost 30 billion people that don't believe in the top 5 recognised gods... If that does not prove there's no real god, nothing will !
RE: How many unbelievers are there?
Not enough.
Dying to live, living to die.
We're all 99.9% atheist or above!
(November 12, 2014 at 5:01 pm)lifesagift Wrote: So how many people on this planet don't believe in a god?

Well, given there are 7.1 billion people, and let's take the top five religions..

4.3billion don't believe in christianity.
5.6billion don't believe in islam.
6.2billion don't believe in hinduism.
6.8billion don't believe in buddhism.
7.0billion don't believe in sikhism.

That's almost 30 billion people that don't believe in the top 5 recognised gods... If that does not prove there's no real god, nothing will !

Then I guess nothing will. The amount of people who believe or don't believe in something has no bearing on whether that thing is true. At any given moment, around 2 billion children believe in Santa Claus. This doesn't make Santa Claus real. Similarly, if everyone on earth stopped believing in Madagascar tomorrow, it wouldn't make Madagascar go away.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
it doesn't matter people will believe in anything.
not until we answer the most important questions religion is going to be around
for awhile.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
And of the 2.8 billion christ believers, at the very most, only 1 of the 40,000+ denominations is the one true faith. Clearly, being in the wrong schism is equivalent to atheism as far as God is concerned, so we can bump up the unbeliever number quite a bit.