Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Creationists.
For Creationists.
Most of you believe in micro evolution. So for those of you that do, you must understand all macro evolution is is simply micro evolution that has accumulated. In other words its simply small changes time. Think of it like the gray scale on your TV. Can you point to one block and say this is where black became white? Of course not
Not that I have clear that up on to the question at hand. If micro evolution is true and the changes occur, then what is the mechanism that stops resets the changes so as too stop a change of kinds?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: For creationists.
No, no. Ray Comfort tells them to demand a crocoduck.

Suggesting 'murricans embrace science is like asking them to embrace syphillis.
RE: For creationists.
(November 14, 2014 at 6:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: No, no. Ray Comfort tells them to demand a crocoduck.

Suggesting 'murricans embrace science is like asking them to embrace syphillis.

Well embracing syphilis is easy. After all they do say "A night with Venus, a life time with mercury."
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: For Creationists.
It should be obvious that you hit a genetic wall which is intrinsic in all living things that you do not cross.
Your cohorts have been trying to cross it for a long time with no success.
Time to wake up.
You asked for it, Lemon. You asked for it....
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 14, 2014 at 7:18 pm)professor Wrote: It should be obvious that you hit a genetic wall which is intrinsic in all living things that you do not cross.
Time to wake up.

What genetic wall. I have seen videos of someone holding up a progression of skulls of Humans and other apes, and asking people which ones are definitely Human, and which ones are definitely some other ape. Most people have differing views when it comes to some skulls in the middle, because the differences are smaller. given enough time, you have dinosaurs turning into birds. A bipedal reptile turning into an avian. We know that feathers are modified scales. We know that we share enough similarities with chimps and gorillas, that we are put in the same group as them. Great Apes. We just happened to have lost most of our hair, possibly due to a semi aquatic stage, and our brains got bigger.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Not that I expect any of our creationist buddies to read it, but here's what evolution is about. In this case, the common ancestor and the differences between humans and african apes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolu...y_genetics

Just to prevent the all too common, but fundamentally stupid question of why there are still apes.
(November 14, 2014 at 7:18 pm)professor Wrote: It should be obvious that you hit a genetic wall which is intrinsic in all living things that you do not cross.
Time to wake up.

WHY is it obvious? Where in the literature is the genetic wall that prevents further change?

When someone tells me that something is or should be 'obvious', alarm bells go off that tell me someone hasn't done their reading assignments.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Hi Brian,
Did the part of my quote where I said, "Your cohorts have been trying to cross..
for a long time" pass your notice.

These experiments have been ongoing for how long?
A hundred years maybe?
Trying (by application of intellect -NOT chance) to cross the genetic limits of
"AFTER THEIR KIND" (or within each kind of biological critter) To NO avail.

How many times do you strike out before the truth dawns on one that the whole shebang is a lie- a deception by the willing for the willing.
(November 14, 2014 at 8:05 pm)professor Wrote: Hi Brian,
Did the part of my quote where I said, "Your cohorts have been trying to cross..
for a long time" pass your notice.

These experiments have been ongoing for how long?
A hundred years maybe?
Trying (by application of intellect -NOT chance) to cross the genetic limits of
"AFTER THEIR KIND" (or within each kind of biological critter) To NO avail.

How many times do you strike out before the truth dawns on one that the whole shebang is a lie- a deception by the willing for the willing.

To which I reply with one simple word: READ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolu...y_genetics

That's science, an alien concept, I know.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the real reason creationists hate evolution? drfuzzy 22 8008 October 6, 2015 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Do we have any creationists here? Lemonvariable72 85 15462 April 1, 2015 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: watchamadoodle
  Why don't Christians/Creationists attack luingistic science? Simon Moon 2 1454 May 25, 2014 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  What if there weren't Creationists???? The Reality Salesman01 18 6806 August 3, 2013 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  The Creationists' Nightmare Gooders1002 134 55480 June 16, 2012 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Question About Creationists Phil 96 70760 June 3, 2012 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
Question To Christians who aren't creationists Tea Earl Grey Hot 146 73720 May 19, 2012 at 4:06 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused