Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If
If
Ok. this is just an hypothetical question so keep cool and calm.
No need to get excited.
WHAT WOULD YOU THINK OR SAY IF YOU DIE AND FIND OUT THAT YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL AND GOD IS THERE?

Your body is left behind to rot but your body is not you anymore.
You are there facing God.
1) Would you say.........oh, well there was no evidence that you existed that is why i never believe that you exist.
2) I was wrong in not looking at all options.
3) I never thought that by refusing to consider that you exist i could not expect that you manifest in my consciousness.

If none of these options come closer to your thinking then please express your thought.
I am curious to know what you would say to this HYPOTHETICAL God in this HYPOTHETICAL case.
Thanks. Smile
RE: If
You can disguise it any way you wish, but this is still Pascal's Wager.

Apply the same questioning to yourself while referencing someone else's god and you'll quickly discover why this hypothetical line of reasoning is dead on arrival.
I'd say "jesus christ, God!, was all that messed up shit really necessary? Also, you really could have called."
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

"Why the hell would you want us to believe in you and leave no evidence for us to base it on?"
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
It would depend which god I was standing in front of.
It may very well be a god no human ever considered.
(I assume you assume it will be the Judeo-Christian god, but it may not be...)
I would probably say "oh, it appears that I was mistaken. The total lack of coherent evidence threw me."

Why, what am I supposed to say in a linear hypothetical scenario loaded with bias against any other reasonable response?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 19, 2014 at 9:14 am)Cato Wrote: You can disguise it any way you wish, but this is still Pascal's Wager.

Apply the same questioning to yourself while referencing someone else's god and you'll quickly discover why this hypothetical line of reasoning is dead on arrival.

You try to derail the question.
I am NOT here to tell you that if you find out that God exist after all you may be punished by this HYPOTETHICAL God.
I an not interested in this sort of options.
All i am interested in is what would you be your thinking in finding out that God exist after all. Smile
"why were you so shitty at getting people to believe in you?"
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I'd calmly wait for god to drop his soap.
Already had that question in the judgment day strategy thread.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]