Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Godels theorem is invalide for 5 reasons
Godels theorem is invalide for 5 reasons
This work proves Godels theorem is invalide for 5 reasons
[SNIP]

here are 3
1) Godel cant tell us what makes a mathematics statement true thus his theorem is meaningless -as the theorem is about there being true mathematic statements which cant be proven

2) the axiom of the system he uses ie axiom of reducibility outlaws/bans his G statement -it is this G statement which Godel uses to prove his theorem

3) a consequence of Godels theorem is that all provable mathematic statements cant be true-thus placing his proof in paradox

4)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del%...ss_theorem

"...For each consistent formal theory T having the required small amount of number theory
provability-within-the-theory-T is not the same as truth; the theory T is incomplete....."

Now it is said godel PROVED
"there are true mathematical statements which cant be proven"
in other words
truth does not equate with proof.

if that theorem is true
then his theorem is false

PROOF
for if the theorem is true-because he proved it
then truth does equate with proof- as it is implied that his proof makes the theorem true
but his theorem says
truth does not equate with proof.
thus a paradox
RE: Godels theorem is invalide for 5 reasons
@shakuntala

Stop spamming and linking to crap or you'll be banned.

Read the rules!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

The phartwang is strong with this dipthong
Can someone explain to me what's going on? ?
(November 21, 2014 at 11:03 am)DramaQueen Wrote: Can someone explain to me what's going on? ?

Some strange person is spamming the forum with crackpot stuff, and the Mods are all asleep I suppose. Nothing unusual Big Grin
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

This is what happens when psych majors do math.

(November 21, 2014 at 11:07 am)Alex K Wrote:
(November 21, 2014 at 11:03 am)DramaQueen Wrote: Can someone explain to me what's going on? ?

Some strange person is spamming the forum with crackpot stuff, and the Mods are all asleep I suppose. Nothing unusual Big Grin

Hey! I'm not asleep, merely resting my eyes.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(November 21, 2014 at 11:25 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Hey! I'm not asleep, merely resting my eyes.

As long as you're not an ex mod Big Grin

(November 21, 2014 at 10:46 am)shakuntala Wrote: This work proves Godels theorem is invalide for 5 reasons
[...]
2) the axiom of the system he uses ie axiom of reducibility outlaws/bans his G statement -it is this G statement which Godel uses to prove his theorem
[...]

I'm afraid your discussion of Kurt Gödel's theorem is incomplete. Your treatment of his G statement is not spot on. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proof by Rearrangement of the Pythagorean Theorem FlatAssembler 10 1615 November 22, 2018 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Fundemental theorem of Calculus intuition A Handmaid 19 2988 August 28, 2016 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Jehanne