Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever smack a finger- here's how to not loose a nail-
Ever smack a finger- here's how to not loose a nail-
I was over on the tractor site and they were talking about what to do after hitting a finger nail.
I thought of you guys.
My grandpa told me to squeeze the hit part on and off for a couple of minutes and it will not turn black or throb.
I found you do not loose the finger nail either.
Yes, doing that hurts, however, doing the painful thing for a short time lessens the overall pain and trouble (there may be a spiritual lesson here....)
In over 50 years, I lost only one nail because the hit was also up into the cuticle area and I did not think to pressure it there.
That damaged area grew down.
This same process works well for pinches.
RE: Ever smack a finger- here's how to not loose a nail-
I dropped a High-C can on my big toe when I was 7 or 8 (Remember those big cans that you had to punch two holes in to pour out?). The pain was crazy. I was hopping around and crying and trying to pee but I couldn't because it was just some weird abdominal butterfly feeling causing me to feel like I had to pee. Then, for days afterwards, my dog would lick and bite at it, until one day she was able to work it completely off. Now that toe nail is slightly thicker and stronger than my other toenail.

Sometimes you have to let the weak damaged things fall off, no matter the painful process, in order to grow stronger, and let your...animals evolutionary instincts help...or something like that.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Is this a common thing, to lose a nail? I have never lost a nail. I am a carpenter, too, so I have missed a nail or two with the hammer, but I have never had a loose nail.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I have lost (IIRC) 3. 2 finger nails and a toenail.

The toenail was bizarre. The old damaged one was stuck in place for months, and I didn't realize a new one was growing beneath it.

Had to drill holes in the finger nails (think there have been 2) to relieve the pressure. Scary procedure, one slip and I'd be in far worse trouble.
This thread makes all my mirror neurons twitch. Aaaaaaaah
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 3, 2014 at 12:40 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Had to drill holes in the finger nails (think there have been 2) to relieve the pressure. Scary procedure, one slip and I'd be in far worse trouble.

Next time try a hot straight pin.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Quote:In over 50 years, I lost only one nail because the hit was also up into the cuticle area and I did not think to pressure it there.

Of course, you could be more careful in the first place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finger up the butt hole is out. brewer 26 1940 March 15, 2018 at 5:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama