Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Donate?
Why Donate?
Why can we donate on this forum?? I will never donate to anything online!!
RE: Why Donate?
If you don't want to donate, don't. No one is going to care.

Tiberius pays all the expenses out of his own pocket, and has provided the forum completely free of advertising whatsoever.

Some of us think that's worth something.
(December 6, 2014 at 8:07 pm)jem304eyer Wrote: Why can we donate on this forum?? I will never donate to anything online!!

Why are there Trombones? I'll never learn playing the trombone!
Why is there mango icecream? I don't like it at all! All very deep questions.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 6, 2014 at 8:07 pm)jem304eyer Wrote: Why can we donate on this forum?? I will never donate to anything online!!

I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes, when I'm not required to do something I wasn't going to do anyway, it makes me furious.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I don't mind a bit of advertising on the forums if it helps to cover the costs.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(December 6, 2014 at 8:22 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: I don't mind a bit of advertising on the forums if it helps to cover the costs.

Honestly, I don't think it'd be worth it. 'Course, I'm not the one that writes the checks, but I haven't heard him complaining either.
(December 6, 2014 at 8:07 pm)jem304eyer Wrote: I will never donate to anything online!!

Tell me something else I give no shits about.

Officially filed in the douche category...check.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

I don't know. Why would anyone pay for a website they don't make a profit on?

But as long as we're on the question why give anything to anyone ever?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Can't we all just get along?
Unbelievable that some people would act this way.
Not how I behave online whatsoever!
Time to get some shuteye, methinks. I'm tired.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "We'll donate to charity if you buy our stuff" schtick Aroura 6 1379 November 26, 2015 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie