Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Bashing on Facebook
Atheist Bashing on Facebook
So I found a FB page called "The Absurdity of Atheism". Of course, I had to check it out. It turned out to be exactly what I expected... nothing but posts and memes bashing and insulting atheists. I put up some comments pointing out the stupidity of their claims. I was hit with illogical replies, insults and one dope who parroted "stop trying to force your beliefs down my throat!" on virtually every response he made to me. Then, not surprisingly, I was blocked and my posts taken down. These creatards crack me up. They put up a page that insults and bashes atheists, then act all surprised and indignant when an atheist shows up and comments on the stupidity being put on display. This isn't the first FB page that has blocked me for being nothing more than an outspoken atheist. Anyone else out there have similar experiences?
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
RE: Atheist Bashing on Facebook
(December 7, 2014 at 4:14 pm)Thor Wrote: Anyone else out there have similar experiences?

Yes.

Facebook is chock full of idiots of all stripes. It's a dungheap. A cesspool.

The collective IQ of Facebook makes AOLers from the 90s almost look smart.

Facebook strives, and succeeds, at making commenters on Youtube look good.
(December 7, 2014 at 4:26 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Facebook is chock full of idiots of all stripes. It's a dungheap. A cesspool.

What do you expect. Facebook is nothing else than a giant marketing profile generator.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(December 7, 2014 at 4:34 pm)abaris Wrote:
(December 7, 2014 at 4:26 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Facebook is chock full of idiots of all stripes. It's a dungheap. A cesspool.

What do you expect. Facebook is nothing else than a giant marketing profile generator.

I expect that I won't be using Facebook. Big Grin
Yeah, swim in a sewer and expect to stink. Facebook is exactly that.
(December 7, 2014 at 5:06 pm)Elskidor Wrote: Yeah, swim in a sewer and expect to stink. Facebook is exactly that.

It's what you make of it. There are atheist groups on facebook. Don't actively go and seek people who are anti-atheists, I mean why on Earth would you do that? There's nothing wrong with loving what you believe. It only becomes a problem when you start doing things that are immoral. Immoral meaning things that damage or harm other people or ourselves. Not imaginary immorality like homosexuality or listening to metal or watching horror movies.

Why can't we just get along?

Labels such as "atheist" , "christian"... Why? Do we wear these labels with pride to hurt other people? Or is it for a righteous and humanistic cause?
Hahaha! Reminds me of my trolling days. I think I am still blocked by every extremely conservative/republican page there is on FB. But thanks for the heads up! I'mma go check it out and show how absurd this atheist is. Wink haha
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
Shouldn't go to facebook for meaningful religious discussion. The Theists are ignorant and the Atheists are smug assholes who just parrot what smarter atheists say.
One of the major atheists groups I was in on Facebook did nothing but post Jesus memes and selfies all day, but mainly just teenage girl selfies showing their cleavage and underwear. I quit after 3 hours.
Update: Literally 4 comments later...my shit got BLOCKED. Bahahahaha.

(December 7, 2014 at 5:44 pm)Elskidor Wrote: One of the major atheists groups I was in on Facebook did nothing but post Jesus memes and selfies all day, but mainly just teenage girl selfies showing their cleavage and underwear. I quit after 3 hours.

HAHA ROFLOL

Quite possibly the funniest thing I have read on this forum. Hahaha.
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Facebook god post Rahn127 10 1339 June 27, 2019 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Just now on Facebook....... Brian37 10 1487 September 6, 2018 at 9:18 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Just met a former Muslim on Facebook Brian37 6 2693 May 3, 2018 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I wish I had yall on Facebook mlmooney89 115 16180 August 5, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  This is the message I just got on Facebook Easy Guns 15 3970 December 31, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns
  my ramble on facebook.. got bored Goon 1 1329 April 23, 2015 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Goon
  My facebook group... Brian37 0 1221 April 5, 2015 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Schooling on Facebook with Common Sesnse dyresand 11 3357 March 31, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Facebook Theists Exian 22 4401 October 6, 2014 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Retrolord
  Dat Dere Facebook Group ThePinsir 9 3802 June 27, 2014 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Nine