Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessica Chambers
Jessica Chambers
Has anyone been following up on the story of the girl burned alive? It's taken an interesting turn, and seems like this 19 year old gas station owner, who's been on the news a bit lately, is smack dab in the middle of whatever really happened.
RE: Jessica Chambers
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I do not pay as much attention to the news as I probably should.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
According to the story, some punk poured lighter fluid in her mouth and doused her.

If this perp ever gets caught, I think they should be burned at the stake. Publicly.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
No biggie, lol. Some teenager that had gasoline poured down her throat and set on fire in Mississippi last week. Maybe it has not gained as much attention as I thought it had, but the group Anonymous had been hacking into the Facebooks of suspects, I guess, trying to investigate on their own or some junk. Looks like they have their likely culprit/s.
That's horrible. I hadn't heard of it.

There is a strong inclination to do unto others as they have done unto people, which is why "eye for an eye" has been popular. Force the person to go through what they made someone else go through.

I wouldn't set him on fire, but I might put a bullet through his head.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The girl was was a Meth addict and a Hooker her "boyfriend" was five years older technically a statutory rapists the girls nickname was "coon" for christ's sake. She just got out of a battered women's shelter and was mostly likely killed by her former pimp or one of his freinds

I guarantee this only news because she was a pretty blonde white girl otherwise nobody would give 2 shits
Stuff like this does happen all the time, so it is weird how only certain stories are cherry picked for publicity, but I haven't heard about the hooker part. I know they learned she had been dating a member of a gang and had been recovering from drug addiction and abuse though. She being a pretty young white cheerleader is the appeal, and the secret life bombshell makes for a better story, but she still didn't have to die.

I wouldn't have looked twice, but an article caught my eye and I began to read up on it more and more.
(December 15, 2014 at 12:28 am)Elskidor Wrote: Stuff like this does happen all the time, ...
You definitely live in a different world than I do. In my world the number of people that I have ever heard of being intentionally started on fire can be counted on one hand.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Not with people we know usually, but it happens often enough I'm sure. The stories don't always get light though. Remember Scott Peterson? That crap happens all the time, but it isn't always in the news on a big scale. I have known, personally, one guy that was beat to death, a girl set on fire in her trailer and a guy shot at point blank. Granted, I was semi in the drug world at the time and all three were as well. None of those stories even made a dent in the radar of our local news.

You've only heard of one? Shanda Sharer is a much more main stream case, and far more graphic. Maybe I'm just a murder crime buff.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The IMPORTANCE of echo chambers Lok1 57 4754 March 26, 2018 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Emma Chambers Dead At 53 (!) BrianSoddingBoru4 7 697 February 25, 2018 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: vorlon13