Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McDonalds - Shitty Food and Shitty Policies
McDonalds - Shitty Food and Shitty Policies
under the gun.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/12...mcdonalds/

Quote:On Friday afternoon, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) filed a formal charge against McDonald’s, alleging that it has violated workers’ rights in a variety of ways, including by threatening retribution against employees who participate in strikes.

The complaint targets both individual McDonald’s franchises and the multi-billion-dollar corporate parent company itself, thus lending official weight to a previous finding that franchise agreements do not let McDonald’s USA, LLC off the hook for misbehavior by franchisees. The NLRB has found that 86 out 291 separate worker charges against McDonald’s filed in the past two years have legal merit. Friday’s charges target McDonald’s stores in 13 different cities from New Orleans to Detroit and from Manhattan to Los Angeles.
RE: McDonalds - Shitty Food and Shitty Policies
I do not eat fast food anyway. Not healthy.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(December 21, 2014 at 6:52 pm)Sionnach Wrote: I do not eat fast food anyway. Not healthy.

Here in Europe you can eat fast food off and on. At least within the EU. They're forced by law to use natural ingredients, not that shitty pink slime that goes for beef in the USA.

They also have to provide better labor conditions with legislated minimum wages (most countries), paid vacations, social security and paid sick days.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
And yet they manage to operate under those conditions in Europe, eh? What a surprise.

I haven't been into a McDonalds since the labor issues started. Fuck those fascist pricks.
Something makes me proud of living 20 kilometers west of a place where this happened.

They didn't even try to open one in my hometown, Matera, which is about as big as Altamura, but it's more important since it's the province's main town and also attracts a lot of tourists. Go figure why...
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Mmmm, I could kill for a quarter pounder right about now...
Hardly any of these unhealthy businesses even keep a decent mushroom burger on the menu, and that's about the only thing I would eat anyway. Macdonald's mayo mushroom fest was disgusting anyway, but I still stop by Hardees or Taco Bell every now and then.
(December 21, 2014 at 6:56 pm)abaris Wrote:
(December 21, 2014 at 6:52 pm)Sionnach Wrote: I do not eat fast food anyway. Not healthy.

Here in Europe you can eat fast food off and on. At least within the EU. They're forced by law to use natural ingredients, not that shitty pink slime that goes for beef in the USA.

They also have to provide better labor conditions with legislated minimum wages (most countries), paid vacations, social security and paid sick days.

that might work for you over there be us in merica....we gots our standards
(December 21, 2014 at 7:05 pm)Lucanus Wrote: Something makes me proud of living 20 kilometers west of a place where this happened.

They didn't even try to open one in my hometown, Matera, which is about as big as Altamura, but it's more important since it's the province's main town and also attracts a lot of tourists. Go figure why...

I'm sure that in Italy the food has something to do with it!

The only thing I didn't like when I was over there was the salt-less bread in Florence. Who the fuck came up with that idea?
(December 21, 2014 at 7:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm sure that in Italy the food has something to do with it!

The only thing I didn't like when I was over there was the salt-less bread in Florence. Who the fuck came up with that idea?

The only things Tuscans are good at are architecture, chianti and blasphemous utterances. Tongue
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Serious NEWS food warning..... Brian37 26 1837 November 22, 2018 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Good, Mueller. Now Work Your Way Up The Food Chain! Minimalist 7 787 June 15, 2018 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Instead of Harsher Work Requirements for Food Stamps.... The Industrial Atheist 18 2189 May 24, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Joods