Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saw my first UFO last night
Saw my first UFO last night
Yes, as per the thread title, I saw my first ever UFO.
And no, I don't think it was aliens.
What I saw was a large bright orange light flying almost directly North above our house.
It flew in a straight line too fast to be a balloon and too slow to be a meteor.
It made no noise at all but I don't know what height it was at.
Kichi saw it as well.
And we have no idea what it was.Undecided
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
RE: Saw my first UFO last night
Satellite?
Cool.

Can you give us approx. latitude, longitude and time? Then we could figure out if it could have been one of the usual satellites, astronomical phenomena, or a Bolide...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

You should also add some of the usual details to your story. Such as your camera just being broken when you wanted to take a picture. Big Grin
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
My sister saw what later turned out to be a Mexican luminaria and she had almost a total melt down.
How large did it appear? It sounds like a satellite, or perhaps the ISS which does shift pretty fast. The orange glow, though, puts me in mind of a fireball or similar, especially if it seemed larger than a bright point.

Then again, those Chinese paper lanterns have been known to cause UFO sightings. Not to mention pretty horrific fires.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 24, 2014 at 8:49 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: My sister saw what later turned out to be a Mexican luminaria and she had almost a total melt down.

What's a luminaria? Obviously it has something to do with light, but what is it?
(December 24, 2014 at 8:48 pm)abaris Wrote: You should also add some of the usual details to your story. Such as your camera just being broken when you wanted to take a picture. Big Grin

For your enjoyment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C__1lYfpTiw
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(December 24, 2014 at 8:54 pm)Alex K Wrote: For your enjoyment

Scary thing, she really believes in that kind of stuff as far as I remember.
(December 24, 2014 at 8:55 pm)abaris Wrote:
(December 24, 2014 at 8:54 pm)Alex K Wrote: For your enjoyment

Scary thing, she really believes in that kind of stuff as far as I remember.

Yeah, didn't she name her daughter in honor of some UFO experience she had?
She's something special alright, but what I find interesting is how the people around her react to the craziness. Bublath trying to be the rational person but pretty much failing at doing it gracefully in my impression, the other guy trying to keep up an appearance of respectability while selling his BS, and the moderator, well... I'd rather not be in her shoes...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alien Abductions & Encounters, and UFO Sightings EgoDeath 80 5679 October 26, 2019 at 11:10 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  So UFO's and aliens... what's the deal? Mechaghostman2 39 6445 October 18, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Ghosts: What I saw, but I still can't logically believe in them x2theone2x 25 5008 July 15, 2014 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  UFO Stories are Wacko Michael Schubert 25 5537 November 10, 2013 at 12:20 am
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
Rainbow Are UFO's and extraterrestrials real? TheouLive 136 34000 October 18, 2011 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger