Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Souls 1 PTDE giveaway!
Dark Souls 1 PTDE giveaway!
Ok so I bought Dark Souls: PTDE as a gift on Steam because it's my favourite game ever (I have over 1k hours in it), and I feel like sharing the experience of pure masochism in video game form this holiday season with one lucky*?* forum user. We'd be doing a co-op playthrough of most bosses in the game, and lots of pvp after that if you want. Just comment below if you're interested. If I get a lot of interest I'll do a raffle somehow.

You will need:

To have no experience with this game. Makes it so much more fun for me.

A low-mid end gaming pc (nothing too fancy, the game is a bit old.
A computer optimized for gaming that's also a few years old should easily be enough.)

A Steam account (Enough said.)

A controller, X360 or PS3. (This is essential, playing DS1 without a controller is as easy as deconverting a scientologist.)

A good internet connection

A Skype account? it'd be easier to communicate via mics than through Steam chat.

I wouldn't be available to start playing until maybe the 4th or 5th of next year, and from then until the end of February, I'd be available Monday, Friday, and Saturday from about 11pm GMT to 10am GMT, and most of the other days from maybe 6am GMT to 10am GMT. After that I'd be in college and would probably be only able to play on a Saturday.

Oh and if there's no interest in doing this kind of thing, I could just raffle it to any random forumgoer and they can enjoy an epic game.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

RE: Dark Souls 1 PTDE giveaway!
Ah fuck I don't have a controller.

I've always wanted to play Dark Souls with Robb Stark's lookalike, though
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
There's no facial hair in DS1 unfortunately. (Maybe with mods?)
Yeah, it's really recommended by pretty much anyone whose played it. The developers didn't really know what they were doing when they ported it, so the controls are pretty retarded without a controller. They even say it on the Steam store page

(December 25, 2014 at 5:56 am)Sejanus Wrote: There's no facial hair in DS1 unfortunately. (Maybe with mods?)
Yeah, it's really recommended by pretty much anyone whose played it. The developers didn't really know what they were doing when they ported it, so the controls are pretty retarded without a controller. They even say it on the Steam store page

I meant you as Robb Stark's lookalike Tongue
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
I'd sign up, but I have already played it before.
Unfortunately my PC isn't powerful enough (probably)... The most I can run RPG wise is TES Oblivion.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Hmm you might be able to stretch it, it would be a bit more taxing than Oblivion but less so than Skyrim.

(December 25, 2014 at 7:33 am)Sejanus Wrote: Hmm you might be able to stretch it, it would be a bit more taxing than Oblivion but less so than Skyrim.

I could definitely try it - My CPU is above the recommended so that's not a problem - Skyrim actually runs at 15-30 FPS on low settings, I take it that DS would run on a little higher FPS but still for an RPG game 30 FPS is not that much.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(December 25, 2014 at 7:33 am)Sejanus Wrote: Hmm you might be able to stretch it, it would be a bit more taxing than Oblivion but less so than Skyrim.

Skyrim runs just fine on my machine, though it's a rather old one.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
There you have it. You'd probably be fine Blackout.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Dark Souls II Bob Kelso 28 4730 December 9, 2014 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Nope
  So I'm playing Dark Cloud Violet 4 4012 October 8, 2013 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Dark Souls Gilgamesh 15 3516 May 16, 2013 at 3:55 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Dark Souls coming to PC R-e-n-n-a-t 6 2418 April 8, 2012 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: R-e-n-n-a-t
  Amnesia: The Dark Descent Welsh cake 0 1064 November 19, 2010 at 6:33 pm