Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Atheist and IQ's
Atheist and IQ's
I have this chart, you can get it online it says most atheist have a IQ of around 90. That is not to say there isn't some very bright people that are atheist. I guess that's why I'm not a atheist I have a IQ of nearly 140. I might put that chart up later.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
RE: Atheist and IQ's
Well, if you can get it online, it must be true, eh?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(December 31, 2014 at 12:05 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Well, if you can get it online, it must be true, eh?

My thought exactly. Gotta love them internets.

I was going to say right hand side of the bell curve.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
One brain cell of Stephen Hawking alone would run the combined christian apologetic community into the ground.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
A meta-analysis of more than sixty studies of intelligence and religion, which was published in the journal Personality and Social Psychology Review, found that non-religious people are on average more intelligent than religious people. As with most studies, this meta-analysis doesn't consider all angles and nuances associated with intelligence and religion, but I'll take a win where I can get one.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/14...50096.html
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
(December 31, 2014 at 11:59 am)strawdawg Wrote: I have this chart, you can get it online it says most atheist have a IQ of around 90. That is not to say there isn't some very bright people that are atheist. I guess that's why I'm not a atheist I have a IQ of nearly 140. I might put that chart up later.

So, on the one hand you're claiming you're smarter than the average person by forty points, but on the other, you're apparently not smart enough to realize how completely devoid of content your OP is? Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(December 31, 2014 at 12:42 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(December 31, 2014 at 11:59 am)strawdawg Wrote: I have this chart, you can get it online it says most atheist have a IQ of around 90. That is not to say there isn't some very bright people that are atheist. I guess that's why I'm not a atheist I have a IQ of nearly 140. I might put that chart up later.

So, on the one hand you're claiming you're smarter than the average person by forty points, but on the other, you're apparently not smart enough to realize how completely devoid of content your OP is? Thinking

I am claiming to have a IQ near 140, yes. People on here are not the normal atheist. Most on here are well educated, therefore higher IQ's. I did not mean to imply yall was a bunch of dumb bunnies.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
(December 31, 2014 at 12:47 pm)strawdawg Wrote:
(December 31, 2014 at 12:42 pm)Esquilax Wrote: So, on the one hand you're claiming you're smarter than the average person by forty points, but on the other, you're apparently not smart enough to realize how completely devoid of content your OP is? Thinking

I am claiming to have a IQ near 140, yes. People on here are not the normal atheist. Most on here are well educated, therefore higher IQ's. I did not mean to imply yall is a bunch of dumb bunnies.

Which also isn't my point. My point is that "I found a chart online, it says that your side is dumb!" as a statement, is rather not in keeping with your claims regarding your intelligence.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(December 31, 2014 at 12:47 pm)strawdawg Wrote: I am claiming to have a IQ near 140, yes. People on here are not the normal atheist. Most on here are well educated, therefore higher IQ's. I did not mean to imply yall was a bunch of dumb bunnies.

For a smart guy, you sure are bad at supporting your claims. The issue isn't people here. The issue is whether the claim is actually true. Show us the evidence you think demonstrates that on average atheists score lower on IQ tests than theists. Please.

There could be many confounding factors. You shouldn't just accept such a thing at face value.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Hold on a sec.

You sign onto an atheist forum and start a thread telling everyone most atheists are dumb in a post riddled with grammatical errors and lacking any kind of citation?

Quick; tell me why I shouldn't report you for trolling.