Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rational defense of Christianity?
Rational defense of Christianity?
Sometimes I see a post by a Christian who seems to know all the information and arguments that led me to atheism, but that person identifies as a Christian. I'm curious about how these people make that work, but if I try to ask questions, I usually get accused of breaking the forum's rules (maybe even blasphemy Smile )

Is anybody aware of a forum with lots of rational Christians where the rules are reasonable? (Atheist forums usually have reasonable rules, but the few Christians who inhabit them are weird - sorry I don't know a nicer way to describe them. Smile )
RE: Rational defense of Christianity?
I am unaware of a rational theistic forum where atheists can discuss intelligently and without a million nonsensical rules in place preventing us from discussing anything except the ridiculous mantra Jesus is great.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(December 31, 2014 at 2:29 pm)watchamadoodle Wrote: Sometimes I see a post by a Christian who seems to know all the information and arguments that led me to atheism, but that person identifies as a Christian. I'm curious about how these people make that work, but if I try to ask questions, I usually get accused of breaking the forum's rules (maybe even blasphemy Smile )

Is anybody aware of a forum with lots of rational Christians where the rules are reasonable? (Atheist forums usually have reasonable rules, but the few Christians who inhabit them are weird - sorry I don't know a nicer way to describe them. Smile )
BadgerBadger
(December 31, 2014 at 2:29 pm)watchamadoodle Wrote: Sometimes I see a post by a Christian who seems to know all the information and arguments that led me to atheism, but that person identifies as a Christian. I'm curious about how these people make that work, but if I try to ask questions, I usually get accused of breaking the forum's rules (maybe even blasphemy Smile )

ROFLOL there are no rational Christians.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
All the ones I found had a blasphemy rule.
Quote:I'm curious about how these people make that work,

They're willfully stupid.
(December 31, 2014 at 3:05 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I'm curious about how these people make that work,

They're willfully stupid.

Remember god hates smart people so. I will study and become smarter and question everything. Because being smart has way more benefits than being the fool with a poor education.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I've been wondering this as well. I've looked around but most have rules that strongly hint that they can delete or ban you for not agreeing with them. Even in the open debate area those rules are there. I have no interest in going into such a place.
(December 31, 2014 at 3:53 pm)Natachan Wrote: I've been wondering this as well. I've looked around but most have rules that strongly hint that they can delete or ban you for not agreeing with them. Even in the open debate area those rules are there. I have no interest in going into such a place.

It was easy getting banned from atheism + and other christian sites because i disagreed with a members over really ethical opinions. The christian forum sites were full of pretty messed up people....

Code:
I've got no interest at all. What would I gain by being exposed to the usual apologetic arguments that I can just as well read here? I'm also not a missionary being interested in converting anyone, which would be a futile endeavor anyway if even established science isn't up to the job.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plantinga's "Free Will" defense contradicts Christianity mrj 96 5693 February 8, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6796 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  An abortion in defense of the Bible. IanHulett 3 1384 July 19, 2015 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The most insane defense of faith healing ever Esquilax 38 6594 February 27, 2015 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Judgement day defense strageity [sic] Pt. 2 Mudhammam 26 5848 November 5, 2014 at 12:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Judgement day defense strageity. Drich 87 11905 November 4, 2014 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8497 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18328 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Defense Walking Void 13 3541 August 26, 2013 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My Defense of Christianity. CBA222 197 76183 September 3, 2012 at 2:20 am
Last Post: Lion IRC