Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom The Dancing Bug 1-8-15
Tom The Dancing Bug 1-8-15
[Image: e3791eb071aa0132b93e005056a9545d]
RE: Tom The Dancing Bug 1-8-15
Thanks Min. I like that one. It's going into my personal collection.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
I like this one even more.

Funny but racist. The cartoon makes hay out of the theme of white people's over reaction to the fear of the black male.
It does ignore the elephant in the room of why the fear of black males is so pervasive.
100 years ago the black male was not feared but more hated as an inferior race. In today's society there are very few that are repulsed by the thought of touching black skin, now it is more the fear that they are lawless and racist against whites. Why?
Beats me. They are the ones getting hassled by the cops. Perhaps its a self-fulfilling prophecy?
(January 8, 2015 at 5:07 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Funny but racist. The cartoon makes hay out of the theme of white people's over reaction to the fear of the black male.
It does ignore the elephant in the room of why the fear of black males is so pervasive.
100 years ago the black male was not feared but more hated as an inferior race. In today's society there are very few that are repulsed by the thought of touching black skin, now it is more the fear that they are lawless and racist against whites. Why?

It's because the whites can no longer oppress the (I feel uncomfortable typing blacks to will go with descendants of slaves or DOS) anymore and they know what they'd do in their shoes.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 9, 2015 at 5:22 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(January 8, 2015 at 5:07 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Funny but racist. The cartoon makes hay out of the theme of white people's over reaction to the fear of the black male.

It's because the whites can no longer oppress the (I feel uncomfortable typing blacks to will go with descendants of slaves or DOS) anymore and they know what they'd do in their shoes.

So you think that the reason whites fear blacks is because they can't oppress them anymore??

I can't oppress women, gays, Chinese, Native Americans, Koreans, Italians, or Japanese anymore either but people don't fear them in any statistically significant ways. I don't think that makes any sense.

We treated them as animals, horribly, and for years even after they were legally equal to whites, racism against them as abhorrent icky creatures reined, but our society has changed and matured. Now, as a non-racist white man, I feel comfortable amongst the men and women of my country that have darker skin than I do. It does not play a part in my feelings toward them. I judge them in the way that MLK dreamed I would judge them, by the character of their hearts.

To pretend that a darker shade of skin makes a person better and more immune to the racial hatred than was prevalent in the white hearts for hundreds of years is racial bias as well. A black man can be just as racist as a white man - exactly because he is just a man. It is a good argument to say that black racism is reactionary to white racism, but it is dishonest to pretend that black racism doesn't exist and isn't a factor in our race relations in American cities.

It is racist to pretend that we don't notice the anarchist unemployed black males that have made such a name for themselves.
Such as this young man.. (liveleak vid that doesn't show up for me.)
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=000_1420674332
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=000_1420674332

Now to be clear there are many young men like this in every color and ethnic flavor, but this is the stereotype that has pervaded American culture, even African-American culture.
The question I posed was "how did this become such a wide spread stereotype?" Occam's razor suggests that it is because that this type is present to such a level so as to re-enforce it into the greater society's mind.
Is this true or not? I'd personally wish it to not be true but as I live in Columbia South Carolina and once lived In Mississippi, I must admit I did see the stereotype over represented for their race. I have good friends that are black that have voiced the same concerns to me. Even Bill Cosby has gone on record time after time stating this. Is he racist against blacks?

White people will stop fearing thugish looking black males when there becomes no reason to fear thugish looking black males. White people are now generally only afraid of clean cut black males in cartoons such as the one above.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Songs that aren't about love, sex, drinking, relationships or frikkin dancing! ignoramus 16 1799 May 22, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Tom The Dancing Bug Minimalist 0 394 August 12, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Tom The Dancing Bug 10-16-16 Minimalist 3 737 November 20, 2015 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Kim Jong-un - DANCING GIFS Fidel_Castronaut 2 1775 July 23, 2014 at 9:22 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  [Tom the Dancing Bug] Photoshop War of 2013 pocaracas 0 764 April 19, 2013 at 4:39 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Tom The Dancing Bug on... Minimalist 1 1459 April 28, 2011 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah