Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skrim races
Skrim races
For all the Elder Scrolls 5 fans out there I'd like to ask a friendly question Smile

What race do you mainly play as and why?
RE: Skrim races
(January 14, 2015 at 10:38 am)wolfclan96 Wrote: For all the Elder Scrolls 5 fans out there I'd like to ask a friendly question Smile

What race do you mainly play as and why?

Altmer - it started when I played Morrowind, I picked an Altmer character then and I've always played the ES games as an Altmer, I like the blend of magic and weapon skill, although at the higher levels you have to really work hard to win against pure magic or pure weapon skill. The challenge is fun.

I brought the anthology edition and played all version of the game; Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and Online.
They are all good fun except Daggerfall which is glitched to hell, I spent more time fixing glitches than playing the game.

I've played other races but I always go back to Altmer.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
I don't play that much Skyrim but I love playing as dark elf in oblivion. After that I have preference for Imperials because I can create a balanced character.

In Morrowind for some reason I played as Nords more often.

In Skyrim I used to play as Khajits (I hope this is spelled correctly)
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I got bored with Skyrim much sooner than with Morrowind. So I don't play it that much anymore.

But I always played as a human.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Imperial or Dark Elf. I keep meaning to play as a Breton or Altmer one day so I can be a magic user, but bows and thieving are so much more convenient.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(January 14, 2015 at 2:00 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Imperial or Dark Elf. I keep meaning to play as a Breton or Altmer one day so I can be a magic user, but bows and thieving are so much more convenient.

I like Dark Elfs because I can create an extremely offensive character - Blade, blunt, destructive magic, marksman, heavy armour and restoration (I'm talking about Oblivion)

Imperial is good on any of the TES games because they are not very good at anything but they also don't suck at particularly anything.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

In Skyrim, I've played most of them. The racial skills are pretty weak so I really find racial choice to be a mostly cosmetic one. In Morrowind and Oblivion, Bosmer is a pretty good fit for my play style (stealth + archery + light armor + alchemy).
(January 14, 2015 at 4:35 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: The racial skills are pretty weak so I really find racial choice to be a mostly cosmetic one.

Mods, dah-ling. Mods.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(January 14, 2015 at 4:35 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: In Skyrim, I've played most of them. The racial skills are pretty weak so I really find racial choice to be a mostly cosmetic one. In Morrowind and Oblivion, Bosmer is a pretty good fit for my play style (stealth + archery + light armor + alchemy).

I've never been a bow guy myself, though occasionally it's helpful. I prefer swords all the way, but some blunt weapons are cool as well. Dunmer suits swords and destructive magicka

On the other hand, I think the Bosmer could be a good choice for a next play-trough - I should really try to be more of an archer.

(January 14, 2015 at 5:05 pm)Blackout Wrote:
(January 14, 2015 at 4:35 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: In Skyrim, I've played most of them. The racial skills are pretty weak so I really find racial choice to be a mostly cosmetic one. In Morrowind and Oblivion, Bosmer is a pretty good fit for my play style (stealth + archery + light armor + alchemy).

I've never been a bow guy myself, though occasionally it's helpful. I prefer swords all the way, but some blunt weapons are cool as well. Dunmer suits swords and destructive magicka

On the other hand, I think the Bosmer could be a good choice for a next play-trough - I should really try to be more of an archer.

Archery + stealth is a devastating combination.