Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race and Religion and evolution. OP/ED
Race and Religion and evolution. OP/ED
I love my well intended friends on the left, but another thing they often do is allow both Muslims and Jews to use a bait and switch argument to avoid religion as the root cause to human division.

The scientific fact is that humans have always migrated and mixed beyond boarders. There is no such thing as a pure bloodline, there never was. Even during the early days of Islam, there was mixing between the tribes. The idea of Arabs or Jews never having done that is bullshit.

Allowing either religion to hide behind race allows them the dodge to avoid religion as the cause.

You cannot draw human blood, and find religion in it. Race is merely a label we give our skin tone. But that has never made any human generation in our species history pure. Our collective DNA goes back way further than any religion and even beyond our skin tone. Before we took our current form our ancestors were primates all the way back to tree monkeys.

Anyone allowing Jews or Muslims to dodge religion with skin tone is not helping. Does racism exist? Yes, but that cannot be used as an excuse by the religious because religion is religion.
RE: Race and Religion and evolution. OP/ED
(January 18, 2015 at 2:17 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I love my well intended friends on the left, but another thing they often do is allow both Muslims and Jews to use a bait and switch argument to avoid religion as the root cause to human division.

The scientific fact is that humans have always migrated and mixed beyond boarders. There is no such thing as a pure bloodline, there never was. Even during the early days of Islam, there was mixing between the tribes. The idea of Arabs or Jews never having done that is bullshit.

Allowing either religion to hide behind race allows them the dodge to avoid religion as the cause.

You cannot draw human blood, and find religion in it. Race is merely a label we give our skin tone. But that has never made any human generation in our species history pure. Our collective DNA goes back way further than any religion and even beyond our skin tone. Before we took our current form our ancestors were primates all the way back to tree monkeys.

Anyone allowing Jews or Muslims to dodge religion with skin tone is not helping. Does racism exist? Yes, but that cannot be used as an excuse by the religious because religion is religion.

True, but I have noticed a tendency for the right leaning on the board to target a whole population for the actions of the looney fringe.

As with anything it's the ones who really take it seriously who need to be watched. The half arsed Muslims and Christians are mostly ok. Its the true believers you need to watch.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 18, 2015 at 2:21 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(January 18, 2015 at 2:17 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I love my well intended friends on the left, but another thing they often do is allow both Muslims and Jews to use a bait and switch argument to avoid religion as the root cause to human division.

True, but I have noticed a tendency for the right leaning on the board to target a whole population for the actions of the looney fringe.

As with anything it's the ones who really take it seriously who need to be watched. The half arsed Muslims and Christians are mostly ok. Its the true believers you need to watch.

Just had a bleeding heart liberal atheist on twitter claim I was protecting racism by not allowing religion to be treated as a race. Jew is a religion, Islam is a religion, neither were ever a race.

Race unfortunately is used in the same way religion is, to set up social pecking orders. It is also why Muslims and Jews use it as a bait and switch to avoid their religion being criticized.

DNA only denotes your skin tone, it does not make your bloodline pure.

I am also getting shit from Jews because they cant understand the difference between labels, which I do not deny, and the separate issue of the fact that there were humans prior to them, and even after, our species has always mixed and migrated.

There is no such thing as a pure bloodline. Labels only amount to our constructs that we use, that however does not change the fact that ALL humans are ultimately related in the past to much older primates.
I don't like when people [religious] play the race card to avoid criticism to religion. Curiously, I'd criticize a white Muslim as much as an arab Muslim

I do not like your concept of race however - Saying race doesn't exist isn't biologically wrong but from a social standpoint, we perceive people as being part of certain races due to physical features. If we could all look past it, that'd be great, but until racial discrimination exists we better acknowledge race exists as a social status regarding one's physical features.

Brian, you should go talk to neo-nazis and tell them pure bloodlines don't exist
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(January 18, 2015 at 3:59 pm)Blackout Wrote: I don't like when people [religious] play the race card to avoid criticism to religion. Curiously, I'd criticize a white Muslim as much as an arab Muslim

I do not like your concept of race however - Saying race doesn't exist isn't biologically wrong but from a social standpoint, we perceive people as being part of certain races due to physical features. If we could all look past it, that'd be great, but until racial discrimination exists we better acknowledge race exists as a social status regarding one's physical features.

Brian, you should go talk to neo-nazis and tell them pure bloodlines don't exist
Where did I say race does not exist? I said it should not be used as an excuse anymore than religion.

It denotes our genes, our hair color, our eye color, our skin tone, and our facial features.

But that does not make us a separate species regardless.

We are related even today. Anyone in the world can migrate to anywhere else in the world "in theory", and have sex with someone who does not look like them and still make a baby.

Race exists as a construct, it is unavoidable because groups of people can and do share different traits. But by telling people the truth about our common evolution, it shifts the priority about our artificial pecking orders and puts it where it should be on our common existence.

We use, for example "black" to denote skin tone and call that race. But even with that, an American black man never having been to Africa is not going to share the same social norms as someone who lives in Africa. Just like Italians who have never lived in America are not going to share the same social norms as those who had parents who migrated here.

The fact still remains no matter what social words we use to describe each other, we have never been a separate species and we still are not a separate species.

Oh and please don't equate me to Hitler, I am well aware of his genetic background.
I totally agree. I was just saying that being "colorblind" to race sounds appealing but could cause us to avoid seeing differences in treatment society gives to different races.

I don't think race should be confused with religion. When I criticize Christianity I'm not being racist towards whites.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Oh and since this event in France, I have notice both Jews and Muslims bitch at France claiming both race and religious bigotry. They are both right. But they watch then news too and considering that Jews and Muslims cant even get along in their own backyard, why would Europe want that beef spilling into their country?

My advice to Jews and Muslims, maybe a better tactic than a pissing contest in your own yard, maybe if you could prove that you can get along when you do migrate, maybe there would be more trust.

But no, I do think the French still have a duty to any person living there now regardless should have their lives and property protected.
How could anything but an incestuous pure bloodline exist? Everyone has a neighbor who has a neighbor that extends around the world. It's an artificial barrier in the same way as a political border. There are always people straddling the border and intermingling with those neighbors across the road unless they are held back temporarily by politics. The political barriers aren't stable enough to create a bloodline.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(January 18, 2015 at 5:06 pm)Brakeman Wrote: How could anything but an incestuous pure bloodline exist? Everyone has a neighbor who has a neighbor that extends around the world. It's an artificial barrier in the same way as a political border. There are always people straddling the border and intermingling with those neighbors across the road unless they are held back temporarily by politics. The political barriers aren't stable enough to create a bloodline.

They never were. Even in the strongest dynasties in human history you will have mixing, and no matter what, no matter what powers that exist now, no matter what boarders exist now, those always change.

If we want the pluralistic west to survive longer, we have to allow for mixing while shifting the priority away from our labels and more to common law.
I think race and ethnicity should never be an excuse to exempt someone from criticism... Just because you are a black man, it doesn't mean I cannot criticize your actions as a person; and that goes for every minority or traditionally discriminated group ever.

I don't side with the liberals in my country precisely because they are overprotective of minorities and everything that offends their views is "racist". That's an insult to people who've actually been victims of racism

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Human Race: Your Numbers Up Cinjin 71 15863 April 27, 2011 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: ib.me.ub