Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting blog to facebook etc
Connecting blog to facebook etc
Hi guys

I'm in the process of trying to sort out a way to automatically update facebook and twitter when I write on blogger.com.

I'm heading into new territory here, and I'm a bit concerned about it. I looked at IFTTT and it seems they get access to a lot of your stuff, and there seems to be security risks being raised.

Does anyone have any advice as to whether there is a reasonably safe way to do this, and if so what?

Many thanks Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Connecting blog to facebook etc
(January 25, 2015 at 12:46 pm)robvalue Wrote: Hi guys

I'm in the process of trying to sort out a way to automatically update facebook and twitter when I write on blogger.com.

I'm heading into new territory here, and I'm a bit concerned about it. I looked at IFTTT and it seems they get access to a lot of your stuff, and there seems to be security risks being raised.

Does anyone have any advice as to whether there is a reasonably safe way to do this, and if so what?

Many thanks Smile

I didn't know you had a blog. Can you pm me your blog just so that I can check it out?
That's kind of you to take an interest Smile It's not actually my blog, my wife is setting up a self-defence small business and we're using the blog to put material up and to try to attract interest. I can still PM it to you if you like? I do the admin and tech side of things as I'm stuck at home not able to work.

I hope to work on the website for it soon, but until then we're doing it on freebies hehe.

Maybe I should do a blog, I've always got so much drivel going round in my head.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Drivel and chainsaws. Good mix. Kinda dusty though.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Thanks for the suggestion Smile That looks... scary! Does that help with posting on blog/facebook/twitter in one go? It's all a bit over my head and I can't find that part.

Index of my best videos
A great tool, and often free one at first, it HootSuite. It's been a year since I've used it but it's pretty great. I think it limits you to three social media accounts when using it for free. Essentially you can schedule tweets, status updates, or share content on all social media platforms simultaneously. It's a wee bit confusing to understand at first but tutorials solve that. It's often a go-to app for social media professionals.
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
OK thanks a lot, I'll check that out Smile

Index of my best videos
If you use wordpress there are many plugins for this
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Posting images etc Oldandeasilyconfused 16 1031 November 8, 2021 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is anyone else having a problem with Facebook? Brian37 5 757 March 15, 2018 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Question for Those of You Wwho Use Mobile Web Devices (iPhones, Smart Phones, etc.) Rhondazvous 26 4290 July 24, 2015 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Science proves that you should un-friend your ex on Facebook Tino 21 10510 November 4, 2012 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Religious adds on Facebook Ziploc Surprise 3 1644 October 6, 2012 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  How to secure your Facebook account Tiberius 5 1678 May 29, 2012 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Facebook Phil 17 5151 March 11, 2012 at 3:22 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Facebook Loading Please Wait 20 4895 December 20, 2011 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Analysis of a Facebook social engineering/Javascript "hack" Autumnlicious 4 3266 March 2, 2011 at 9:29 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  My New Blog: Cryptogasm Tiberius 1 1481 December 29, 2010 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Shell B