Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fant4stic
Fant4stic
Goddamn it, I said I was going to boycott this movie for ruining the original formula, but realistically, bringing the now-tired ideas of the Fantastic 4 into the modern era makes sense. Truthfully, my favorite F4 story arcs are based on alternate story lines anyways. i always found the original stuff lacking and corny. The original movies with Chris Evans and Jessica Alba were pretty true to the original canon, and we see how well they translated to the big screen. Fuck me man, I'm on board with this.

ETA: Thing is naked. I wonder how he got his name. Teehee
RE: Fant4stic
No another bloody reboot.

Time for new stories me thinks.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Doesn't count if the original sucked balls. At first I was pissed because it seemed like 20Century Fox was releasing this just to keep the rights like they did years ago with this gem:

Which still may be the case, but it looks like they are on to something.

Bah I'm conflicted: the fanboy in me wants Sony and 20 Century Fox to fuck off and give Marvel Studios the rights to its characters back, but this looks like it might be fucking cool. Why!???
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Fantastic four you say?

The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I couldn't agree more with everything they said. Especially the part about...a girl pinching her nipples?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(January 27, 2015 at 4:43 pm)Exian Wrote: I couldn't agree more with everything they said. Especially the part about...a girl pinching her nipples?

Haha can you point me to the piece of lyrics where you hear that? Big Grin

Edit: oh I see what you mean. The vid is *slightly* disconnected from the lyrics.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

In a world that is over-saturated with mediocre superhero movies, the last thing we need is a fantastic four reboot. Not only was the last movie they made as bad as "Batman and Robin," I've never found the franchise appealing.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
never saw the movie
(January 27, 2015 at 5:29 pm)Faith No More Wrote: In a world that is over-saturated with mediocre superhero movies, the last thing we need is a fantastic four reboot. Not only was the last movie they made as bad as "Batman and Robin," I've never found the franchise appealing.

See, I agree with you that this is getting ridiculous, but then I reflect on my 10 year old self and think "Well, this is exactly what I asked for."
I'll still go and see it. I'm not a long term fan of the FF but I do feature them and I enjoyed the old movies.

The trailer disappointed me tbh. It was all just drama and random voice-over when what I ordered was powers and the FF in action.

Also kinda miffed that the story is basically the same-old "how the FF got their powers" all over again too. Well at least we have an adoption story to freshen things up... hehe