Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Post vs. Latest Thread
Latest Post vs. Latest Thread
On the home page, there should be a distinction between latest thread and latest post (where post is defined as a response to the start of a thread). Now if you click on of the latest posts, you will be directed to the latest comment on the thread. I think the choice should be given to either view the latest comment on the latest thread or view the beginning of the latest thread of the forum topic.

the format could be

[Forum Title] [Number of Threads] [Number of Posts] [ Last Thread] [Last Post]
------------------------------------------------------------- *link to last thread *link to last post(anythread)
------------------------------------------------------------- *link to last post on thread

There is plenty of space for these changes to be implemented.

This change would reduce the necessity of the 'overview' section that we are required to scroll all the way down to from the beginning of the home page. More organized too as users will easily be able to identify latest threads and latest posts by forum topic unlike when using the 'overview'
RE: Latest Post vs. Latest Thread
there are 3 choices already (if you use the 'today's posts' link) -
arrow on left - last unread post
text - first post
"last post" - last post

<edit>

Oh sorry - I see what you mean. Meh - those links seem unusable to me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about latest forum rule Catholic_Lady 29 4782 November 14, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Tiberius