Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Need Some Titles.
I Need Some Titles.
This is an imaginative board. I have decided to write 3 spin-offs from my current work. Much of it will be cut and paste with some minor rewording. I need some titles that might sell.

Book 1: This will list each constellation and relate the Bible story associated with it. It would be similar to Bullinger's "Witness to the Stars." I am tempted to write it from a half heartedly theist point of view claiming God's work is in the heavens. I have played around with variations of , "Ancient Astrology Secrets of the Bible." I am tempted to use the same title as Bullinger, i.e. I would get hit on a title search, or maybe Witness to the Stars II.

Book 2: This will deal with the first Bible text written circa 1900 BCE. I will comment on the various Bible stories, i.e. what was added later on and how it altered the story. I will discuss techniques used to add new next and make a few demonstrations. I like "The Hidden Book in the Bible" but Friedman already took it. "The First Bible" is another idea I am kicking around.

Book 3: This is the comparative mythology/history aspect of the OT. I state what actual history and or myth or combination of the two are used to create the biblical text. Something like, "The Origin of Bible Stories in Myth and History."

Concise is the key element as well as appeal.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
RE: I Need Some Titles.
Book 1: The scripture of the stars.

Book 2: God: The early years.

Book 3: A recipe for belief.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Thanks for responding. I think "Scripture in the Stars" has possibilities. "God: The Early Years" is cute and clever, but overly so. Book 3 title is interesting. I didn't read my book that way, I would have to give it some more work (spin).
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
Cheeze! Too bad I'm coming in too late on this one, but how about "A Star Is Born" for the first one; "Paradise Rewritten" for the second, and... I'm drawing a blank on the third. "Meeting Moses." "Bullwinkle's Mythology." "The Golden Bough from which Eve took the Apple." "The Hebrew's Journey." That's all I've got.
White.* The blank page.* The challenge:* Bring order to the whole - through design, composition, tone, form, symmetry, balance, light...and Harmony...
(April 18, 2010 at 10:33 am)Kelisha888 Wrote: Cheeze! Too bad I'm coming in too late on this one, but how about "A Star Is Born" for the first one; "Paradise Rewritten" for the second, and... I'm drawing a blank on the third. "Meeting Moses." "Bullwinkle's Mythology." "The Golden Bough from which Eve took the Apple." "The Hebrew's Journey." That's all I've got.

Thanks for playing. I had already published the first two under 2 different titles and ISBNs. "The Bronze Age Bible" and "The Bible Before it was Scripture" are the same. "The Bible Astrology Handbook" and "The Scripture in the Stars" subtitle "God's Master Plan" (shame on me) are also the same book. One is published with Lulu and another with Createspace. I have also created cheaper electronic downloads of those books (using only 1 title) at Smashwords and on Kindle (some in progress). I also did the same to my previous publication, "Bible Bloopers" now being peddled as "A Skeptics View of the Bible" and "Essays on the Bible" also available electronically. The third book is going to require some work besides a quick cut and paste job. The working title for one version is "THE BIBLE AS COMPARTATIVE MYTHOLOGY AND PSEUDO-HISTORY ." I am also working on a different name for "On Earth as it is in Heaven" which is "The Secret Astrology of the Bible." This should give me 9 different book titles with ISBNs within 2-3 months, plus I will be working on the aforesaid third book which will add 2 more books. The goal is to make me appear as the expert I really am, so I can sell one book "On Earth as it is in Heaven" the only one worth spending any money on.
Am i the only one that read "I Need Some Tities"?
(April 20, 2010 at 11:29 am)tavarish Wrote: Am i the only one that read "I Need Some Tities"?

No, I've got the same guttermind as you. Wink Shades
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Just curious.....what "biblical text" dates from 1900 BC?
(April 20, 2010 at 11:29 am)tavarish Wrote: Am i the only one that read "I Need Some Tities"?

Me too. Had to re read the title after reading the OP. Sad I was quite disappointed.

You won't get any of my brilliant title ideas for your book until I get a signed royality contract. Tongue
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(April 20, 2010 at 12:45 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Just curious.....what "biblical text" dates from 1900 BC?

My claim is that the Bible was based on a cosmic myth, a story book of the constellation which incorporated myth and history. This supposed text would have been composed as an Amorite version of Akkadian myth/history at the time the Amorites conquered the city of Ur.

The Gilgamesh Epic was a living document. It was layered over with addition text over the ages. (We know this for a fact because we have the documents for comparison.) Jeffrey Tigay was outlined the specific techniques used to expand the Gilgamesh epic. The Bible clearly uses the same techniques, but as of yet scholars have acknowledge the idea they were used to expand the text as there is a fight between Wellhausen and unified text theory. There is no third theory that compromises the two and eliminates the anamolies of both (which is what my theory does).

So what I have done is de-construct the Bible to this basic cosmic myth. In addition to reversing the techniques of Tigay to create a text, I also do so with some prejudice that I believe it should date to circa 1900 BCE. This date is arrived at my methods:

1) This is about the time the astrology of the cosmic myth was written ( about 2118 plus or minus a few hundred years).
2) The last historical event in the text dates to about this time.
3) The political/historical aspect of the text points to this era: The story of Abraham, the fall of the godess, the rise of Ishum, the end of the Great Famine.

Now for some honesty: No known Biblical ext exist from this era. In fact the DSS is the oldest known of the Biblical texts, although scholars claim the original books were written centuries earlier, althouigh no text exists from that era. I take it back a "little" further.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need some "Moonlighting" geeks here, Brian37 33 2327 August 28, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie