Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Destiny xbox1?
Destiny xbox1?
I'm working on level 30, Titan and want to put together a fire team for the last big mission on Venus. Or the weekly night fall raids.

Or if you just want to talk about the game.
RE: Destiny xbox1?
Man, I've played it at my buddies house. I don't have an xbox1 yet, but when I get it, I'd gladly go on some missions with you.

My only critique, which might change with more play time, is the reticule speed. I found it too hard to aim precisely coming from Halo, and I was surprised there was no way to adjust it.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I play on PS4 - My opinion of it is still 'meh'. It's repetitive as fuck, but I still enjoy playing it for that reason when I want to switch off for a while and not think about anything.

My main gripe is the fucking random drops. You can play terrible, not do anything all game, get killed over and over, and get an exotic. I'd have preferred if they'd done a weighted drop with higher scores increasing the probability of better gear, but whatever, it is what it is.

Working as a team is a good laugh though. I'd play if I was on XB1 dude Sad
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(February 11, 2015 at 8:35 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: My main gripe is the fucking random drops. You can play terrible, not do anything all game, get killed over and over, and get an exotic. I'd have preferred if they'd done a weighted drop with higher scores increasing the probability of better gear, but whatever, it is what it is.

Yeah, I really wish they hadn't made everything just completely random, too. I was playing a round in the crucible once, and I noticed there was a guy on my team really dragging everyone down. It was over half the round before he even scored any points, and he ended the match with one kill and fifteen deaths. Well, you can imagine my disgust when they awarded him an exotic rocket launcher at the end of the match.

I've played the hell out of Destiny, but I've started to feel like I've lowered my standards to do so. The game is buggy as hell and has a ton of lag. Even with the expansion pack, the game only has about 40$ worth of content and repeating the same levels over and over gets extremely tiring. I then started playing exclusively in the crucible, but it runs so poorly a good amount of time that I had to put that down, too. Destiny is a bad version of a good game, and sometimes I felt as if Bungie was actually playing a big joke by trying to see how poor of a game they could get lots of people to play. And I fell for it for awhile.

That being said, I'd play a raid or two with you, Drich, but I'm on the PS4.

(February 10, 2015 at 11:55 pm)Exian Wrote: My only critique, which might change with more play time, is the reticule speed. I found it too hard to aim precisely coming from Halo, and I was surprised there was no way to adjust it.

That brings up another issue, the lack of any sort of options, including control customization.

Any frustration you have with the controls, however, should be offset by the over-generous auto aim. Headshots are super easy to get.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Destiny was kinda boring to me but since i don't have much xbox one games i guess ill pick that up.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
FNM I think your analysis is pretty much the conclusion of most people who play it.

'An average game that should have been great.' Bungie and Activision have played destiny in a similar way to EA - DLCs. The game never felt completed, and it still doesn't even with £40+ worth of DLC. I remember listening to that Angry Joe reviewer or whatever his name is where he said that interactions with meaningless characters like the Queen are there purely for one purpose - to give a (sort of) back story for DLC. And what should happen next?

I dunno man, I just dunno. Is have to rate it average at best. Add me on PSN if you want man - U_Forgot_Poland
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(February 11, 2015 at 11:31 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: FNM I think your analysis is pretty much the conclusion of most people who play it.

'An average game that should have been great.' Bungie and Activision have played destiny in a similar way to EA - DLCs. The game never felt completed, and it still doesn't even with £40+ worth of DLC. I remember listening to that Angry Joe reviewer or whatever his name is where he said that interactions with meaningless characters like the Queen are there purely for one purpose - to give a (sort of) back story for DLC. And what should happen next?

I dunno man, I just dunno. Is have to rate it average at best. Add me on PSN if you want man - U_Forgot_Poland

Awesome. Expect a friend request from Omicron_808.

The real kicker is the fact that they had a $500,000,000 budget for the game and this is the end-product gamers were left with. Instead of a polished finished product we got tie-ins with Taco Bell and million dollar live-action commercials.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(February 11, 2015 at 11:51 am)Faith No More Wrote:
(February 11, 2015 at 11:31 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: FNM I think your analysis is pretty much the conclusion of most people who play it.

Awesome. Expect a friend request from Omicron_808.

The real kicker is the fact that they had a $500,000,000 budget for the game and this is the end-product gamers were left with. Instead of a polished finished product we got tie-ins with Taco Bell and million dollar live-action commercials.

I was expecting a back story or at least a story with the game but my nephew has it and i play it there is really nothing there except with the coming soon stuff and dlcs. Even the dlc unlocks part of the maps on the game itself the content is there but you need the dlc to unlock it.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(February 10, 2015 at 11:55 pm)Exian Wrote: Man, I've played it at my buddies house. I don't have an xbox1 yet, but when I get it, I'd gladly go on some missions with you.

My only critique, which might change with more play time, is the reticule speed. I found it too hard to aim precisely coming from Halo, and I was surprised there was no way to adjust it.
The reticule speed is adjustable it goes from 1 to 9 I believe with a factory setting of 5 I knocked it down to 3 when I fist got the game but am now up to 6. I really like this game so it looks like I will be playing it for a while and with dlc out and more in the way it looks like it is going to be around for a while

(February 11, 2015 at 8:35 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: I play on PS4 - My opinion of it is still 'meh'. It's repetitive as fuck, but I still enjoy playing it for that reason when I want to switch off for a while and not think about anything.

My main gripe is the fucking random drops. You can play terrible, not do anything all game, get killed over and over, and get an exotic. I'd have preferred if they'd done a weighted drop with higher scores increasing the probability of better gear, but whatever, it is what it is.

Working as a team is a good laugh though. I'd play if I was on XB1 dude Sad

That must be a play station thing (exotic drops) I have NEVER seen any exotic material drop. And I've been playing since November. Mater of fact I just got my first exotic armor from xur at a pretty steep price, and I am working a mission for an exotic hand cannon that requires 500 acoyte and 500 guardian/crucible kills with void a weapon, and who knows what else after that.

Oh, and who are you, did you change your screen name

(February 11, 2015 at 8:54 am)Faith No More Wrote:
(February 11, 2015 at 8:35 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: My main gripe is the fucking random drops. You can play terrible, not do anything all game, get killed over and over, and get an exotic. I'd have preferred if they'd done a weighted drop with higher scores increasing the probability of better gear, but whatever, it is what it is.

Yeah, I really wish they hadn't made everything just completely random, too. I was playing a round in the crucible once, and I noticed there was a guy on my team really dragging everyone down. It was over half the round before he even scored any points, and he ended the match with one kill and fifteen deaths. Well, you can imagine my disgust when they awarded him an exotic rocket launcher at the end of the match.

I've played the hell out of Destiny, but I've started to feel like I've lowered my standards to do so. The game is buggy as hell and has a ton of lag. Even with the expansion pack, the game only has about 40$ worth of content and repeating the same levels over and over gets extremely tiring. I then started playing exclusively in the crucible, but it runs so poorly a good amount of time that I had to put that down, too. Destiny is a bad version of a good game, and sometimes I felt as if Bungie was actually playing a big joke by trying to see how poor of a game they could get lots of people to play. And I fell for it for awhile.

That being said, I'd play a raid or two with you, Drich, but I'm on the PS4.

(February 10, 2015 at 11:55 pm)Exian Wrote: My only critique, which might change with more play time, is the reticule speed. I found it too hard to aim precisely coming from Halo, and I was surprised there was no way to adjust it.

That brings up another issue, the lack of any sort of options, including control customization.

Any frustration you have with the controls, however, should be offset by the over-generous auto aim. Headshots are super easy to get.

It sounds like the ps4 has a completely different play value. I don't seem to have any of the problems you all seem to be having. Although we did have a level 13 guy mixed in with us in a crucible fight last night, but he held his own. Which makes me think that the benefits we have with our various weapons and their up grades have to be muted otherwise a guy like me level 13 would not stand a chance.
(February 11, 2015 at 12:29 pm)Drich Wrote: That must be a play station thing (exotic drops) I have NEVER seen any exotic material drop. And I've been playing since November. Mater of fact I just got my first exotic armor from xur at a pretty steep price, and I am working a mission for an exotic hand cannon that requires 500 acoyte and 500 guardian/crucible kills with void a weapon, and who knows what else after that.

You never got an exotic from a Nightfall or a Raid? They also drop in the Crucible, but they are extremely rare. They do drop more frequently in the Iron Banner event, though. That's how I got "Patience and Time."

Xur's stuff isn't too expensive. You just have to play the Weekly Strike on level 30 each week and you can get 9 strange coins once a week for each character you have.

(February 11, 2015 at 12:29 pm)Drich Wrote: It sounds like the ps4 has a completely different play value. I don't seem to have any of the problems you all seem to be having. Although we did have a level 13 guy mixed in with us in a crucible fight last night, but he held his own. Which makes me think that the benefits we have with our various weapons and their up grades have to be muted otherwise a guy like me level 13 would not stand a chance.

In the standard crucible, some of the level advantages - i.e. attack, defense - are negated, so as long as you can find decent lower level weapons, you can hold your own in the crucible at the lower levels. I finished at the top of my team once at level three.

It's only when they have the Iron Banner event that the level advantages come into play and a level 32 will do and take more damage than a level 28. It's a lot of fun to play but runs like shit a lot of the time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny 2 base game will go Free to play Cepheus Ace 0 379 June 7, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Destiny Clan Easy Guns 6 853 June 28, 2015 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Easy Guns
  Destiny, your thoughts? Darth 5 1045 September 28, 2014 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Endo
  Destiny Holden Caulfield 3 685 June 23, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Destiny thesummerqueen 5 1240 February 18, 2013 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen