Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of death
Thinking of death
SO it doesn't bother me anymore i won't be "dead" my consciousness will longer exist but on a subatomic level on a particle level ill still be there just not conscious. I mean were all made up of the most fundamental building blocks and even still what matter really is just energy in a physical form. I mean death is supposed to be sorrowful and saddening but truth is we don't truly die but.. on a conscious level we do. Its hard to word this but... we never truly die in a sense Thinking we were dead before we were alive and then we check back out. But yeah i mean we only have a limited amount of time on this planet is what truly saddens me all this memories and moments will be stripped away from me and even my consciousness in my final moments... but we all have to accept that i guess.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Thinking of death
I think if you live your life to its fullest, when death arrives, you will then greet death with open hands, its those who don't know how to live that fear death, you may not fear death but you want it to continue, which really is the same thing. For this life is enough, when its finished its finished, why be greedy, let it go and let others lives live their life.
You have a point and even sitll the worst part the eventual heat death of the universe is going to suck for everything.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(February 23, 2015 at 12:37 am)dyresand Wrote: You have a point and even sitll the worst part the eventual heat death of the universe is going to suck for everything.

Well if that every did happen, then we are lucky that we won't be here, so something else to celebrate.
(February 23, 2015 at 12:46 am)psychoslice Wrote:
(February 23, 2015 at 12:37 am)dyresand Wrote: You have a point and even sitll the worst part the eventual heat death of the universe is going to suck for everything.

Well if that every did happen, then we are lucky that we won't be here, so something else to celebrate.

We still be here on the molecular level though.

Code:
(February 23, 2015 at 12:29 am)psychoslice Wrote: I think if you live your life to its fullest, when death arrives, you will then greet death with open hands, its those who don't know how to live that fear death, you may not fear death but you want it to continue, which really is the same thing. For this life is enough, when its finished its finished, why be greedy, let it go and let others lives live their life.

I've never understood that point of view. Voluntary death is fine, if I have had enough and go willingly. There is no way I'm going to get to that point within my biologically limited allotment of time though so death will be an imposition and it sucks.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(February 23, 2015 at 1:07 am)AFTT47 Wrote: I've never understood that point of view. Voluntary death is fine, if I have had enough and go willingly. There is no way I'm going to get to that point within my biologically limited allotment of time though so death will be an imposition and it sucks.

It's that i want to go willingly its just i accept it and i can't fight it and sure as heck nature always wins and gets the last laugh when it comes to everything in the universe. I accept that me the current me now my consciousness and the energy in my brain that makes me will stop and all my memories and things that make me well me will no longer be there. All i am really trying to get at is life is amazing you get to be conscious out of all the possibilities the start stuff we are made up could have been near a black hole or even apart of a dust cloud out in space or even be dirt. The thing is its seems like a huge waste in the end to have memories and moments stripped away is all.

Code:
(February 23, 2015 at 12:50 am)dyresand Wrote:
(February 23, 2015 at 12:46 am)psychoslice Wrote: Well if that every did happen, then we are lucky that we won't be here, so something else to celebrate.

We still be here on the molecular level though.

Yes but you and I wont be, and what is left has nothing to do with who we were, we were nothing but a conditioned programmed mind body organism, right from birth we were conditioned, at death all that conditioning will be gone.

Its no different than your waste products from your body, its still part of you, the skin falling off, but is that you, and so it will be when we die, our body will be waste, why even think of the atoms and everything else that made that body ?.

(February 23, 2015 at 1:07 am)AFTT47 Wrote:
(February 23, 2015 at 12:29 am)psychoslice Wrote: I think if you live your life to its fullest, when death arrives, you will then greet death with open hands, its those who don't know how to live that fear death, you may not fear death but you want it to continue, which really is the same thing. For this life is enough, when its finished its finished, why be greedy, let it go and let others lives live their life.

I've never understood that point of view. Voluntary death is fine, if I have had enough and go willingly. There is no way I'm going to get to that point within my biologically limited allotment of time though so death will be an imposition and it sucks.

I have talked to many old people, and most are ready to leave this world, they have enjoyed their life and now they are ready to leave. Its those who have never truly lived that are afraid of death, they feel cheated by death, because they never new what it was like to truly live.
Yes, it's a huge waste to lose everything. I don't bother getting philosophical about it, myself. I know it's beyond my power to fend off death but I'm not going to pretend to like it. I suppose it would be easier on me if I could but I can't for the same reason I'm an atheist: I'm a really lousy bullshitter. I can't even bullshit myself.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(February 23, 2015 at 1:36 am)AFTT47 Wrote: Yes, it's a huge waste to lose everything. I don't bother getting philosophical about it, myself. I know it's beyond my power to fend off death but I'm not going to pretend to like it. I suppose it would be easier on me if I could but I can't for the same reason I'm an atheist: I'm a really lousy bullshitter. I can't even bullshit myself.

If it makes anyone feel better scientists and researchers are working on a way to upload subconsciousness into a machine so we have have a machine body still though we do not have the technology to fully do it yet but you can replace body parts with now with almost 1:1 robotic ones.

Code:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I was thinking... dyresand 22 4207 April 22, 2017 at 2:49 am
Last Post: dyresand
  On Unbelief: II. Thinking About Thinking Mudhammam 0 1106 December 14, 2014 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
Photo Atheism liberated me from pointless thinking,and made my life enjoyable. MountainsWinAgain 72 19402 October 30, 2014 at 10:54 am
Last Post: dyresand
  For the Thinking Man. Artur Axmann 101 24361 May 29, 2014 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  A history text I was thinking attempting Lemonvariable72 8 3229 September 26, 2013 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Is this the atheistic way of thinking Moira 13 5674 September 24, 2013 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Moira
  Thinking about getting a Team-speak Server jpell 2 1497 June 12, 2013 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: jpell
  Study: Analytic thinking can decrease religious belief Ziploc Surprise 4 3155 May 10, 2012 at 12:44 am
Last Post: el_presidente
  atheism and irrational thinking josef rosenkranz 8 4424 May 1, 2012 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Child of Stardust
  Is thinking/ talking to self in head unhealthy? zentor 17 9665 April 30, 2012 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: jackman