Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who are you, and what do you do?
Who are you, and what do you do?
I have the feeling that a lot of the regulars on here do interesting things for work and/or hobbies, so I figured it'd be fun to see what they are.

I'm Kevin. I'm a web developer (primarily back end w/ PHP and assorted related technologies). Most of what I've done to date is CMS work (as in, helping to build the CMS) for food takeout places in The Netherlands. I can't really point to any site and say, "Yeah, I did that" because it's all been under the hood work.

I'm a pretty avid gamer. Been playing since my grandmother bought the family a Commodore VIC-20 in the early 1980's when I was just 3-4 years old. I used to play various pen and paper RPGs with my brothers when I was older, and I'm still somewhat into comics (I read the two ongoing Transformers series, and follow the Marvel universe in a more generalized way though Scans Daily and other forums/blogs). Beyond that, I'm just generally geeky. I'm interested in astronomy, am a fan of Elon Musk (even though I hear that he's a bit of a dick), that sort of thing.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
RE: Who are you, and what do you do?
Nope. I don't do anything. Tongue

I'm an artist. I do art fairs, exhibit in galleries, and belong to a cooperative gallery where I am treasurer. Occasionally I teach watercolor seminars. Once a year, I spend a couple weeks teaching children in a summer art camp. (I was an attorney for 10 years before becoming a mommy. The art came next).

My mediums are watercolor:

[Image: Pilgrims-at-the-Gate-small.jpg]

And polymer clay:

[Image: chinese-dragon-small.jpg]

I do most of our household repairs (I can do minor plumbing and electrical work). I manage our money and do the housewifie things: cleaning, cooking, helping with homework, and ferrying children places.

I garden. I hike. I read (I have a three book or so a week habit about half non-fiction). I quilt. Whenever I can, I travel.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I'm Dystopia (seriously this is my name!) - I'm a law student, my grades are slightly above average (which by itself is a pretty good achievement) - I don't know exactly what I plan on doing after I finish my course, but I guess the primary options are magistracy and maybe judiciary police (detectives, crime prevention). I have worked in a bar part-time and otherwise I have no wisdom on how the workforce world functions.

I'm interested in science, art and philosophy - By art I mean anything ranging from painting to films, literature and music. I'm also a gamer and I've been dating for 2.5 years.

I'm very narcissistic but I know how to be compassionate; I'm perfectionist but lazy, shy but not socially awkward, but sometimes a little emotionless, cold blooded and arrogant. I'm usually bored easily and a lot of people bore the shit out of me so it's complicated to be entertained, but I try to find something interesting (or someone) to spend my time. What I dislike most about people is when they feel entitled and refuse to acknowledge that they're not perfect.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Hello. I'm Cory, 39, male. I live in my native San Diego, but have gotten most homesick for Vermont (my college where I recieved an A.A., Liberal Arts), Sacramento (my university town) and Pittsburgh, PA (lived there nine years to be close to certain medical resources).

I am retired by disability (spina bifida). In my days of better health, I did work in a library, a supermarket, and a long distance company. Far cry from my lofty childhood dreams of being a test pilot and airplane designer, and high school dreams of high school teaching.

I kill time by going to movies (mostly with an indie bent), listening to music (indie, jazz, and drone), paricipating in my district council (which reports to city council and often brings members or reps thereof to our meetings) and watching sports (not the big four American sports, but soccer, and collegiate olympic sports).

Single and childless and intending to remain such.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Hi.

I'm Beccs and I'm an alcohol . . . .

These things always catch me out.

I'm Beccs (Rebecca) and, as of late last week, I'm a fully licenced cardiologist.

My hobbies include running and, when I'm back home, riding my bike and surfing. And, apparently, collecting cats.

I have, in the past:
- Bungee jumped
- Sky Dived
- Done some modelling (don't ask)
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm Sean, 27 years old, and I want Jenny's life minus the housewife work.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(February 23, 2015 at 8:00 pm)Nestor Wrote: I'm Sean, 27 years old, and I want Jenny's life minus the housewife work.

I'm not sure I know how to respond to that. Unfortunately the housework comes with the package.

You seem to have time for philosophy. Smile
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
When I am not subverting traditional family values I eat babies.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'm Pat (Padraic) and I'm a luthier and sometime musician. Some of my sidelines include selling immigrants shorter names and hiring myself out as a torpedo for the local Maori mafia.

Hobbies include running, cooking, and keeping one eye on statutes of limitations.

Ta for asking.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I don't which name to use anymore. People address letters to Mark but its probably the name that's least used by people for the last 5 years. I'm 22 live in the south of England.

I work with family in our window cleaning round in the area. It sucks in the winter but in for the rest of the year its great.

As a perk of what we do we get to finish pretty early in the day and most of our afternoons are usually spent going off on walks and last year I really got into photography. Now most afternoons I'm wandering around the woods taking pictures of the incredible scenery around here. At least when the weather is good.

In the evenings I help run a large gaming team. I joined at the end of last summer but got too good too fast and they made me leader of their competitive team and now I pretty much run everything from the servers, website, teamspeak and competitive team. That eats up most of my time these days and honestly I love it. Knowing that I'm responsible for such a big group of lunatics. I'm hoping to get into live streaming this spring summer after I build a 2nd PC and show off some more to strangers.