Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most insane defense of faith healing ever
The most insane defense of faith healing ever
In Idaho, a-republican, of course- politician is attempting to defend faith healing in the same inept way that people generally do try to defend the practice of neglecting children to death. Only this time, even the pretense that faith healing might work has been dismissed entirely, leaving representative Christy Perry to say the most insane things to defend the indefensible:

"Children die, therefore it's okay to let them die of preventable illnesses."

Quote:“Children do die,” Perry said. “I’m not trying to sound callous, but (reformers) want to act as if death is an anomaly. But it’s not — it’s a way of life.”

She follows it up with the same "the kids are with god so it's okay!" crap that some of the theists around here say when confronted with this stuff, but what really sticks out to me is that there's no longer this idea that faith "healing" actually works, just that parents should have the right to employ obviously ineffective "methods" (because I don't think we can really call doing nothing an action) without taking responsibility for the results. They fully accept that this will inevitably lead to the deaths of children, but are arguing that that's okay, because god.

What kind of fucking monster do you have to be, to seriously offer that argument in a public square?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: The most insane defense of faith healing ever
She should be surprised to know that the premature death of children is an anomaly. Then again, she's an anomaly.

You got ninja'd, though: http://atheistforums.org/post-883411.html#pid883411
This is amazingly bad on so many levels.

At what point will people see how ridiculous things are getting? Christians are being given permission to murder their kids by proxy?

Can atheists do it too? Can they send their sick kid to go talk to a lamp post until they die?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
We have a thread on this but I agree with you. It is monstrous. Apparently the far right believe that fetuses must be saved at all costs. After birth, a child's life is no longer precious or worth saving.
I say it's a ruse...
They just want to have more kids while the not so older ones drop off.... that way the paycheck is sufficient for all the kids they do have.
Remember that these people can only have sex to procreate, so they'll have to kill off some kids to have some fun times.
Death isn't usually a way of life for very long.
"Death is a way of life" is creepily similar to some of the Islamic extremist mottos like "We love death more than you love life"
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(February 25, 2015 at 1:03 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: "Death is a way of life" is creepily similar to some of the Islamic extremist mottos like "We love death more than you love life"

Birds of a feather.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Quote:“Is it really because these children are dying more so than other children, or is this really about an attack on a religion you don’t agree with?” Perry said.

I posted this in the other thread, but I think this stupidity bears repeating.

It's one of those statements that isn't even worth a rational response.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
An attack on religion huh?

Damn right religion needs attacking if it is advocating cold blooded murder.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13052 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11415 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58416 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4402 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6126 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Plantinga's "Free Will" defense contradicts Christianity mrj 96 5675 February 8, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  why faith fails Drich 43 4362 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  The most awkward conversation ever Cod 76 5198 April 3, 2019 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 22975 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 37808 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman